Some clear thinking at CNN

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by JWagner, Sep 17, 2013.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

The writer probably did this one on the way out the door as a big one-finger salute to the comrades at CNN.

2. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

yep, watch them lose their job over this. The way of the left is freedom of speech for all (who say what they say), ban everyone else.

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Finally, some common sense. Not that it will be heard by the liberals, but it's the first gun related story that hasn't made my head spin. Finally someone points out the gap in liberal logic that mass shootings and crazy people are separate from law abiding citizens. Whatever the circumstances of him writing this are, it's still kind of satisfying.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Polls show 2 persons watch CNN. OK, who else is guilty?:rolleyes:

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't see this as a pro gun article. This article is more like Bobby Jindal's address to the Republican party. This is the equivalent of Jindal saying we have to stop being the stupid party.

Here is the last paragraph:
    This is why gun-control advocates need to abandon the routine of using mass shootings to turn law-abiding citizens into social pariahs and instead focus on something that could work.

6. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I thought he was talking about something that would work in curbing the violence and stop blaming law abiding gun owners and making stupid connections to try and bash the 2A. That's how I interpreted it. If you are correct, we can just hope that the liberal readers are too dumb to extrapolate that bit of info.

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Wow, this sure is a breath of fresh air from CNN!

8. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Me... I like to catch them in a lie every so often (more so lately)... You know...
    Keeping friends close... and enemies closer.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear...;)

I'll admit to watching the idiot MSM but it's strictly to keep my BS detector sharp, and it's RAZOR sharp right now...:cool: In fact, it's not even a challenge anymore to pick out the outright lies and thinly veiled half-truths...I should find a better way to spend my time...maybe I'll get a cat...:D

10. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Okay, I admit it. I liked it. Hopefully it is not because of the lack of oxygen and blood to my brain because I am in the middle of a workout.

He sounded genuine to me.

11. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

DOG, MAN !!! GET A DOG !!! ... and the best breed to get is a rescue!!!

As for information sources... I listen to all, and then make my own mind up. It worked for George Washington, Teddy and Ike.

12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It is a complex world of "Propaganda". CNN the invention of Leftest Ted Turner has made it and art form. Many watch this "Fuzz" and believe the Serpent in the Garden.:rolleyes:

13. vincent

vincent New Member

One step ahead of ya...got me a dog and I did in fact rescue her...:cool:

I've got some squirrels with disciplinary problems and the dog couldn't care less (translation-she can't catch 'em...;)) so onto the next option! :D

14. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

MAD props to you on saving a dog!!... My suggestion for the squirrels... big grey tabby tomcat!!! My old dog was a chaser... Till his knee went ($1000 to the vet for that one!!)... He still wants to chase... leash holds him back now. The younger girl takes up the his slack now.

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Well it is the Contrived News Network.

16. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Actually, this part -

We will always have violence in this country, but that doesn't mean we can't find means of reducing it. Concealed carry is great, wouldn't it be even better if we started addressing other factors that lead so many to choose violence in the first place?

Also a good bit -

Duh! We've been saying that all along.

17. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

If that writer was genuine and letting his true thoughts out in that article, we all know he will never work in media again.
    The more likely story is the bosses want to lull gun owners into a false sense of security before the libs pounce again. We know it's coming and we know better than to believe anything that comes from the communist news network.

18. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

If he is sincere, then he will never work for the Lame Street Media again. Just saying. :D