solvent/oils

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by niteglock, Nov 11, 2012.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

How do you guys run your HK's? I put very little oil on the barrel and a couple drops in the frame. My barrel seems its wearing kind of fast on the outside. Am I supposed to apply alot of oil on the barrel?

2. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm New Member

I noticed my barrel was wearing a lot faster than any of my glocks ever did. I lube it the same way as a glock so I too am wondering if I need more lubrication on the barrel.

3. weapon

weapon New Member

Try adding a really thin coat of Tetra gun grease or Mil-Comm TW-25B grease on the outside of the barrel where the wear is occurring.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

One word.....yes one word

Attached Files:

5. jyo

jyo New Member

What is wearing is the surface finish, not the barrel---I lube all my guns with BreakFree CLP---they all exhibit finish wear in different spots---I am not concerned.

6. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

I am a strong believer in the AMS Oil synthetic greases, (been using the stuff for over 20 years on many different guns) they maintain their viscosity in every environment I have been in with mine...

from MI -20 to AZ 115+ left the HK sitting in my car (AZ) and the gun was so hot I could not touch it but still the greese kept it's consistancy!!!

Just a light coating on all the load bearing surfaces... n they are great on keeping the mags rust free....:D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012