soldiers wife

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by unclebear, Feb 9, 2012.

1. unclebear

unclebear New Member

http://livinglegendteam.blogspot.com/2006/01/marine-2nd-lt-james-j-cathey.html

I know this is being widely passed around the web but I didn't know if any of y'all saw this. She refused to leave her husbands body the night before the service, the marines set up a bed next to the casket and let her sleep next to him one last time, one marine asked if she wanted them to stand watch while she slept she said he would have liked that. She played songs that reminded her of her husband all through the night.

as my uncle would say "we don't die we just go to hell to regroup" thank you for your service may you get some well needed R&R.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Id gladly have taken the last watch for a fallen brother. Oooooh rah brother.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

This ole Army grunt would of stood the post for him and his wife gladly and proudly.

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

All of us "jarheads" would in a heartbeat. Anybody that is either military now or has been and has any pride would do it if asked wo a second thought.

5. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for sharing Unclebear. Very touching story, and a reminder that some gave all.

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Willingly. Anybody says freedom is free needs to see a full rites military funeral for an iraqi/afghanistan killed soldier. Then lets hear them say its free.

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Absolutely true. I have been to three in since we went over to the sandbox, attending one is a very sobering experience.

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes it is. I go to at least two a year for fallen Marines through the VFW/VA.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member