Sold out!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by hareebrownbeest, Jan 30, 2013.

1. hareebrownbeest

hareebrownbeest New Member

Every where I go, no matter what day it is or time nobody has ammo on the shelves! Turners, Big 5, Dicks, wiped out! I'm sure this is the case in most places or is it just here in CA? I managed to grab 5 boxes of 30.06 for $22 ea. but no .22 ammo anywhere!

2. kyle12

kyle12 New Member

I think it's just there. Here on the east coast, we have a shortage on AR type rifles, glocks, and SigPro magazines.
    Ammo is very easy to come by.

3. longunner

longunner New Member

The Walmart I go to here in southern New York has a couple boxes of match grade 30-06 and A couple of 380. There's nothing out here it's crazy

4. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Easy to come by on the east coast?? Must be a different east coast

5. hareebrownbeest

Yeah the shortage of rifles on the racks too, used to be about 20-30 different types of rifles about 8 in each rack. Now it's more like 2 rifles per rack and mostly shotguns.

6. kyle12

kyle12 New Member

I'm in Rhode Island, very small state, so considering its all ordered in bulk, we probably just don't sell as quickly.

7. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

It is the same here in Albuquerque, was at Sportsmans Warehouse, the rifle section is getting bare. The standard (average) ammo is almost gone.

Pistol ammo available: Blazer - 44 Mag, .357 Mag (158 gr); did not get the make .25 Cal, 32 Cal, some .380.

Rifle 5.56 - AR5.56 by Independence 20 rds 55 gr, limit of 3 boxes. They had a nice stack.

I picked up 3 boxes and other boxes of 12 ga. slugs, buckshot and some birdshot.

Folks in my area it is bad!

8. hareebrownbeest

Have any of you tried ordering online? I've thought about it but haven't yet.

9. indy36

indy36 New Member

All the big online ammo vendors have zero.

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

All the missing ammo is in Rode Island! Cut It Out.

Welcome to the forums.

11. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

My lgs in michigan has some but there is a 2 box limmit on most of what they have

12. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I went to three LGS yesterday and there was no ammo at two of them and the third was asking a premium to say the least. $15.99 for a 20 count box of 5.56 tracers or $100 for a 100 rounds of belt fed 5.56 - which was at least Federal. Not paying those prices to go to the range - sorry. I'll happily keep what I have in case I need it.

13. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I was at an lgs yesterday and he got in 20k of 22lr Centurian 38 grain hp. He will limit sales but if you buy a 22 firearm he will sell you a brick. He is not gouging. I have about 10k of 22lr I bought before the crunch so I did not buy any. He has to pay more to the distributors to get ammo in. He said he got 18 boxes of 9mm in the other day where he would normally get 20 cases.

14. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

My long commute takes me by two gun shops in Virginia, plus, there is one on the other side of town where I live in Maryland. They are often out of at least one caliber on my shopping list with .223REM being the hardest to find. All are limiting to one or two boxes per customer per day. I've been having good luck with .22LR being in stock, but still with a one or two box limit, I was excited when they had some 100 round boxes recently ;)

J

15. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Keep watching slickguns.com for in-stock deals.

You will find something within a week or so.

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

17. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

Keep an eye on Bulkammo.com...they list bulk .223 daily towards the evening for $919 but it seems to all go in about an hour. I don't shoot that round but, it appears some are willing to pay that much for it. :eek:

18. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

here indiana all places are sold out of everything besied 12 guage bird shot walmarts here been sold out of .223 and .22 ammo for weeks and said they will not be getting any in anytime soon far as ordering alone most places are backorderd i normally do my ammo shoppin online from cabelas i get all my .22 and .22 mag/buckshot from their cheapiest place i found i buy .223 ammo from millitary shooters but i aint bought any of that for a year now glad i got 2000 rounds of that

19. mi77915

mi77915 New Member

My LGS has ammo, but NO 9mm!! they told me that they are lucky to get (1) case a week. As soon as they put it on the shelf, it's gone within hours!!! They have most other ammo... just no 9mm..

At my local range, they are limiting every one that enters the range that purchases ammo, to (1) box!!!

20. hareebrownbeest

Just stopped in at Dicks today and they had some .22 bird shot but that's it in .22. Told me to come in tomorrow at 8:45 before they open and they would hold up to 6 boxes for 1/2 hour for me. This is craziness!