Sold-out.......Snows coming!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

DAMN....You would think a SNOW & ICE STORM are coming...Milk,Bread,and Meat. The shelfs are bear....If you Live in the south,you got it good...I'm starting to go crazy with cabin FEVER!!!!!.......Every Things Sold-Out......ST.Louis,MO...........................................................

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You should be around when a hurricane is bearing down on us!

Attached Files:

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Hope you have something stored up for an emergency! Hunker down and be safe!!

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

St Louis is slated for an inch of ice before the snow. Were only supposed to get les than 1/8" ice before 13" of snow. I've got venison and a gas grill. Ill be ok.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Around here they only have to call for snow for the shelves to get cleaned out. It's rediculous!

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I noticed this when i lived back in NY - people would literally spend 2/3x their normal $$$ on groceries when the forecasters called for winter storms and summer storms. In all the years I lived there I cannot recall being stuck in the house more than 24hrs. What the hell do some people think, it's not like we all live at McMurdo Station :rolleyes:

Now that I live in VT i don't see this hardly at all. Hell even when we got 18" there a few weeks ago the roads were clear by 8am, business as usual. :)

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The people that panic buy before a storm are the same people that will perish first if the SHTF.

Prepare before the event. While nobody can be prepared for every eventuality, you can stack the odds in your favor.

8. Jess

Jess New Member

looks like the spawn will be hauling firewood in before bed tonight. We have everything we need at home :cool: venison, bacon, and enough beer to make it through the snow day

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

10. Jess

Jess New Member

HI!!!! Its good to be back:D

11. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Mrs. Hunter thought she would run in, run out at the Pig, was she mistaken. We are slated to get up to 24" of new white stuff here in the armpit of the universe by the time it ends on Wednesday and the shoppers are out in full force today. Let is snow, let it snow, as for me I'm going yote hunting.

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Hey girl, welcome home :)

From the sounds of it this looks to be a serious storm. :eek: I guess I should go and pick up some supplies ..... wouldn't want to run out of PB&J and beer. :D

13. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Totally happens here in CT also, drives me nuts, there hasn't been a storm here that kept people indoors for more than 24hrs, if you can't survive on what you have in your house for 24 hrs you have bigger problems than a storm coming......and of course most everyone here has big SUV's so they are out on the road anyway during a storm:confused:

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hi Jess! :D

Mother Nature is really gonna take a great big, icy, snow covered, latrine clogging, dump all over us starting tonight! :mad:

Work, work, work, work, work! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

15. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Around here the big run is on milk. bread, and eggs. WFT? Are you going to survive on French Toast?

Personally, I buy beer. We have enough staples.

I would prefer a snow storm to a hurricane any day, been through many of both.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Really I had a women stealing bread and milk out of our cart when they were calling for 2" here in VA once.

17. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Yeah here in ohio, the gas station was paked full of cars (which is weird in my little town) and the store was packed like we were going to get invaded or somthing LOL! Oh well I plan on just sitting inside and reading up on this forum!:D

18. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I sure hope pb&j means Polish Brats and jerky cause that goes with beer. A nice amber bock.:D

19. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It most certainly can. I like the way you think ;)

20. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

JESS!!! where you been?

Scubie