Sold my S&W Sigma and bought a Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dgray64, Dec 4, 2009.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I had a 22 once and didn't like it (first generation). It didn't fit my hand right. I grabbed up a 19 and 17 yesterday with the latest finger grooves and that made the difference. I needed a new 9mm and the 17 felt the most comfortable in my hand. I won't get a chance to shoot it until late this afternoon or tomorrow, but and anxious.

I pulled it apart and it's all it has is the copper grease in it so I didn't clean it except to run a patch with cleaner and a dry one down the snout. The seller who is a licensed Glock Armorer said to forget cleaning it. Run a thousand rounds and then he'd show me the proper way to clean it. I don't think I can do that as I like to keep my weapons clean and ready to run. What is your experience/opinion?

Thanks for the input.

Dave :)

2. MB44

MB44 New Member

I would clean it and lubricate it. I would assume that the grease is there in order to be able to keep the gun "on hold" for a long time , as it is uncertain when a particular gun would be sold.

3. MTS840

MTS840 New Member

I would clean and lubricate it after every range session, according to your owner's manual.

4. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Thanks. I agree. I took it out today and ran a hundred rounds through it after I took it apart and cleaned it up. It runs like a clock. I even called the seller and asked him why he didn't tell me that he trains his guns before he sells them! I know him well and was harassing him, but it was near true. It was totally accurate out of the box.

When I finished I cleaned it up like I do all of my guns. It sure is a well made piece. Thanks for the input.

Dave

5. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Here are pics of the Glock 17 and the Taurus PT-745
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are my two recent purchases. Note the home made .45 snap cap with the 745

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009