Solar Water Bottle Light Bulb

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Pretty neat idea... I might put a couple of these in my shop!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBWi3NtND68&feature=player_embedded]CCTV-9 report: Solar bottle lights in the Philippines - YouTube[/ame]

2. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Freakin amazing! Why cant I ever think of anything like that? Thats the kind of thing that deserves a Nobel peace prize!

3. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

thats amazing!...id of never even considered that at all..though it might replace the bottle as id imagine the sun might effect the bottle after a while.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

They may become brittle and crack due to long time UVL exposure, but replacing them will not be a problem. There definitely is no shortage of plastic water bottles around the world.

They also use the same plastic water bottles, with a little chlorine, as a method to purify and make potable drinking water in areas of contaminated drinking water. The sun along with the chlorine kills the harmful bacteria. Clean, cheap and efficient. :cool:

5. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

thats true..theres prolly billions of botteles out there,better this than sitting in land fills,truly amazing how those with the least,can make things we take for granted(light bulbs,electricity) out of the simplist things

6. orangello

orangello New Member

That could be a lot of fun with colored bottles. I can hear the guests now "wow, that is bright; is that a 100 watt bulb?"..."nope, 2 liter". I can see me collapsing some of those roofs; they don't seem to be rated for "hefty".

7. 762

762 Member

damn, i got a whole recycling bin full of plastic bottles at the house. i need to start a new business

8. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Fixed it for ya :cool:

9. bkt

bkt New Member

Oh! They rediscovered (or copied) an old ship's prism light.

Glass Ship Prism #7044

Very nice idea and a great solution with the water bottles!