So, who will create the first 7 & 10 round compliant mags?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by StainlessSteel215, Jan 15, 2013.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I have a feeling at LEAST one company out there is seeing huge dollar signs. I would imagine these new laws would effect at least 75% of all semi auto pistols out there. NY is about to pass the 7 round mag law. The White House is about focused on 10 rounds for ALL SEMI AUTO firearms.

The right company would have to make 7 or 10 round mags for virtually EVERY make and model out there! In reality, once all this smoke clears and these asinine laws are enacted....all they will have to do is insert a tall base and new spring right?

I cant believe Im even typing this.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Most makers already make Ca. compliant mags-

3. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

For most hi-cap makes and models?
    I know there are 10-rd mags out there for sale as an alternate to hi cap mags in the same make & model....but now there will have to 7-rd mags, or possibly even worse. There are not any of those yet in 7-rd alternates

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Highly doubtfull any one co. will make mags for all guns :confused:
    Each maker will (mostly) handle their on if it comes to that-
    Of course there will be aftermarket stuff as always-

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It might end up increasing sales. People will start carrying 2 guns and the New York reload will be expanded.

6. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

geez I must be losing it. I read this to be "complaint mags", not "compliant mags".

kind of makes sense though, because anybody forced to buy a 7 or 10 round mag has plent to complain about

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

LOL The complaint was wat my phone first put in.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

every gun maker accessory maker and ammunition maker should immediately cease sale and support to all new york government agencies city state county. not a single bullet spring or screw should be going to any police agency or state guard unit in new york.

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Precisely...!

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

LOL, I posted the exact same thing in another forum.

I'm sending letters and emails out now. I will not buy from companies who serve New York agencies.

12. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Magpul has already announced it is making 10 round mags in 2013.

13. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

...like two medium sodas? :D

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

My letter to magpul....

Magpul,

As a strong supporter, I have bought numerous products from you in the past, as have many on the firearm forums of which I am a member.

However, We believe recent laws being passed, are in violation of everything this country stands for, and we will no longer conduct business with a company who sells, services, or works with any agency that uses those products against their own citizens.

To put it bluntly, we are fed up, and will not conduct business with a company that sells standard capacity magazines, and weapons components to a state that will in turn, use those components against their citizens for owning the same products.

Thank you.

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Go one step further. Every gun owner should make it known that we will not support any company that fails to stand for the 2A and continues business with NYS or any other state that tries this. Barrett has already done it with CA.

PS I see Mosin is a step ahead of me. :)

16. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Ticking off a number of individuals and losing their business vs losing government and Leo contracts...

I fear many will go with the former rather than the latter. :(

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Then F 'em.

18. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Agree 110%

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Let's wait and see before we just "blindly accept" that a ten round magazine limit is going to pass.

NRA still has a helluva lot of friends in congress.

20. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Companies are going to make money. Its what they do. However, the first to come up with a 7-round mag is going to be exceptionally greedy or stupid. More than a few states already have 10 round limits. There's a market. Catering to one state with limited firearm access anyway is a different story. Bloomberg and Cummouth both knew this. It was a brilliant play really. The manufacturing push on the 7 rounder is gonna be slow. Bravo, asshats.

Also +1 on mosins magpul letter.