So whats the deal with surefire lights?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by GREGULON, Jun 6, 2012.

1. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

I am considering a surefire light but I just don't want to spend so much is there a reason why I should?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I came across this company a while back and i have two of their lights,they have been extremely bright and reliable lights for a fraction of the price of a Surefire

They are the Solarforce L2 350lumen light with a crenulated bezel. The one shown is the 2 cell 123 lithium version, i also have the L2m which is the 1 cell version, still 350lumen. I have the L2m mounted on my AR. They are available with a end cap switch and or a pressure pad switch

20120210_220727-1.jpg

sku_12890_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

What did they cost you?

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its been a while so i dont quite remember exactly but no more than $30, there are several on ebay and if you google them there will be several sites for them. I know that "lighthound.com" is one of the sites. some sites sell the light body and the LED module seperate. They have several LED modules so if anyone is interested in buying one PM me and i can give you the correct model # for the module

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I do remember that the L2m was the last one that i bought. The light body was $12 and the LED module was $17. I have been very happy with both lights, and im really picky about my equipment.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Wow. By the time I had batteries for mine I was out around $100.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Surefire Lights are great lights. Stream Light also makes some fine products.

9. GREGULON

GREGULON New Member

Thanks guys some nice suggestions

10. TheRicho1

TheRicho1 New Member

I have experience with both Surefire and Streamlight - I can tell you both are excellent companies. They are durable, carry well, and parts are easy to find if needed. I currently have a Surefire Executive E2D Defender I use for EDC - it's a pretty rad little light.

11. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I have many Surefires that were given to me by my former supply people. Ranging from 2 different weapon mounted to several hand helds. I like them, and have never had any problems.

12. jj33002

jj33002 New Member

Lights are basically like anything else that you want to buy, you get what you pay for. Surefire, IMO is one of the top of the line lights. I am very fond of the x300, it is very durable and can fit on multiple weapons. There are other cheaper alternatives but I suggest go with surefire that way you know it will work when you want it too.

13. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

I'm. Running the g2x pro or w/e and love it. I've had it over a year, and still haven't lost it. The batteries are as fresh as when I bought them.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Surefire makes some good lights, but like the x300 not everyone can justify spending $190+ on a light whenever they can find one just as good for cheaper.i have two surefire lights and two streamlights, and they are great lights, but my solarforce lights are brighter,have a longer range, and are just as reliable and they werent more than $30. In all honesty flashlights arent that "high tech", a good reliable light doesnt need to be uber expensive to be good.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  15. jj33002

jj33002 New Member

That's a very good point. Seeing how I do not own a solarforce I can not disagree with you, but I do know that you can be extremely rough with the surefire and it will keep on coming on. As a side note I am know going to have to go buy a solarforce so that I can compare the two!!! :)

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Im pretty sure that you would be impressed with it.

Being an ex LEO of ten years, surefires and streamlights were all ive used. They are both great companies, i dont have any complaints but i wanted a light to put on my AR that was bright and wouldnt break the bank. I researched lights and lumen quality and came across the solarforce, ive been very impressed. Ive bought another since