So What's All the Big Worry?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by cottontop, Jan 17, 2013.

1. cottontop

cottontop Guest

OK, on this part of the forum, I have read over and over that these new gun law proposals will not pass Congress, that the majority of the people do not want these laws, thus their Congressmen will not support them, and that these proposed laws cannot be imposed by executive privilidge. If this is all true, then these laws will not come about; yet, I read post after post from folks who are still scared to death and I keep reading about the panic and extreme buying of guns and ammo. If these laws will not happen, then why doesn't everyone just relax and quit worring about it. Seems much ado about nothing. Someone please explain.
    CT:confused:

2. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

For me personally, it isn't the odds, it's the stakes.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I dont think we will see an "Assualt Weapon" ban. But I am hanging on to my AR anyway. I built it myself. I am in it about $700. I bet in all this panic I could get $3000 for it. But I am still not selling. Even at more than 400% mark up, I am concerned enough that I would never be able to get another one. My SKS is staying in the safe as well. If there were to be a ban imagine what these guns would be worth to my son in 20 years.

4. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I have been hoping some of the panic subsides allowing me to buy some ar parts that are currently untouchable. Since Bumbles didn't wave his magic wand and make guns go away by executive order I hope some stuff becomes more available, though I doubt this will stop until Congress shoots down any chance of bans

5. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

The majority of the people do not want higher taxes but they keep going up!!!:mad:
    We will get stuck for something just not sure what it is going to be.:confused:
    It is kinda like bargaining they will ask for the moon but then will settle for the house next door.
    They know they won't get all they are asking for, but if they can get a little bit of it that will open the door for the next time they ask.
    It is not a now or never type of thing, they will just keep chipping away until they have most of it, then it won't be worth fighting for the small amount.
    So shut them down now, don't give them an inch, if you do they will take a mile!:mad:

6. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Bingo.

Plus Obama is going for a full court press. Leon Panetta, the outgoing SecDef addressed the troops today talking about how no one needs an assault weapon and then talking about how much he loves duck hunting.

Liberal governors in deep blue states are working overtime to pass even further restrictions.

I'm afraid if we relax our guard they'll manage to slip something in. We have to let the politicians know that going against RKBA will cost them their jobs.

7. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

The problem is it won't cost them their jobs, the lazy dependent welfare hoards will do all they can to keep the gun grabbers in power. Hopefully all this ban talk empowers some more of the 2a friendly crowd to get out to vote from now on.

8. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Kinda like asking former LEO's to never carry another semi-auto once off the force...BS!

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

for the most part, i agree with you Cottontop. but i also feel we should still remain vigilant and wary of possible sneaky backdoor schemes that Obama may try to implement it trying to get his agenda by the people. sneaky and illegal are nothing new to him.

i think if people would just relax and allow the gun and ammo makers some time to play catch up and realize that stocks are just depleted and it will take time to get back up to speed and producing in viable quanties again.

10. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Those guns will be worth nothing if he gets his way... Either it stays in your family or it gets taken and destroyed.. That's at least finestines idea...

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Obama will use every PR stunt he can. He will for awhile use the save the children stunts. Obama has a big problem how ever. Obama has stepped up the use of Drones to take out muslums. In his haste the Drones have made 178 confirmed kills of small children.:eek:

12. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

A big problem with this "discussion" (more like getting something rammed down our throats) is the fact that the anti-gunner ideas are being portrayed as more reasonable than the ideas of freedom. When the story is always stuck on "You don't need 30 rounds to hunt a deer" instead of "Without my guns of all types this country becomes a tyranny" we are losing the argument.

I hope with so many more gun owners out there now we are coming even closer to critical mass.

13. VoodooSouth

VoodooSouth New Member

Hi all.

I've still got my guard up as President Obama isn't done with this yet. From what I understand, he's still putting his full weight behind persuading Congress to pass his proposed legislation (separate from the EOs he signed).

Keep your eyes peeled everyone, please! Call and write your Reps, if you haven't :)

14. konrado

konrado New Member

Obama= George Soros puppet.

15. cottontop

cottontop Guest

OK, from reading these comments, the general consensus is that there is a fear that laws will be passed that will in some way infringe upon our rights to own guns. The guys who wrote on other threads that these laws will never come to pass have not chimed in. The guys who said that the president cannot inpose such laws have not chimed in either. So, what does all of this mean? I really do not believe that there is any member of this forum who can explain it. Some members are pretty civil, but then others get very emotional and throw logic out the window. Most of what has been said is opinion. This is understandable as there are not many facts to base anything on anyway.

Does anyone remember when lead shot was banned from all waterfoul hunting? I was in my early 20's when that happened. I even knew a couple of avid duck hunters who gave up duck hunting altogether because if it. In reality, what happened was that the finest waterfoul loads ever used were developed and no one even cares about the old lead shot anymore. Waterfoul hunters are allowed only 3 shots in their guns and I have never heard a hunter complain about not having enough firepower for ducks or doves. Heck, many duck and dove hunters use doubles and over/unders anyway.
    John Browning invented the O/U Superposed because he thought his 5 shot Auto-5 would soon be banned for hunting, and that was in the 1920's. Fortunately it never was banned, but ole John Moses did possess some prophetic insight.

So, lets all have some patience and not get all worked up and ready to fight whoever disagrees with us and instead be cool act like a decent person and wait this thing out. I believe something good will come of it if we do not over react.
    CT

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Good observation Chris...

I still advocate steering the argument toward the failed "prohibitions" of the past and present.

Alcohol Prohobition = Increased crime, corruption, and violence...epic FAIL
    Drug Prohibition = Increased crime, corruption, and violence...epic FAIL
    Gun Resrtiction = Increased crime, corruption, and violence, IE CHICAGO, LA, DC, Ect, Ect, Ect, EPIC FAIL

To believe that a government that could not control Alchohol and can not control drugs, CAN somehow control guns is a leap that only a "special" kind of person could make.

Tack

17. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

"It doesn't fix the problem" doesn't adequately respond to people who are looking at this from a purely emotional point of view.

No, let me go back a step. The anti-gunners are filled with:
    a) People who are super scared of the things that go BANG; and
    b) People who are power-hungry and want the plebes in this country to lose their inherent power that guns give them.

Talking about alcohol prohibition and drug prohibition won't win the argument against those 2 types of people above.

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Chris...Nothing will win the argument with those two types of people and debating them is a waste of time.

Your first group consists of folks who believe that inherent evil exists within inanimate objects. This is very similar to a childs unquestioning belief in Santa Clause. They suffer from prepetual emotional immaturity and experience actual physical symptoms of discomfort when confronted with facts that challenge there belief system.

Your second group consists of those willing to play on the fears of the first group as long as doing so advances there agenda.

Because I know your profession I understand that you are probably surrounded with many people from the first group and I would caution you against engaging them. They will not be swayed.

The "prohibition" argument is a perfect test. If your not sure the other person fits into your first group...just try it. An emotionally mature adult will say something like, "gee, I never thought of it like that." The "other" type will either stomp away from the converstation muttering "gun nut" insults OR simply explode...;)

Tack

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Congress passed a law regarding lead as well as DDT. That was not done by EO. Congress passed a law the Clintom AWB baning large magazines. That was not an EO. That Ban expired after 10 years. Bush did not renew the AWB after 10 years it expired.
    The chances of congress passing a ban on any firearms is not likely. It would then have to stand before the SOCTUS. That said, arms must meet Militia standards. The court has ruled that sawed off shotguns did not meet that standard. Congress under LBJ in 1968 banned crew operated weapons and modern firearms with bores greater than .500".
    I rather miss the days when you could buy surplus German Etc. cannons on rubber tires. It was fun to blast a Butte a mile away.:cool:

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The devil is in the details. There are mag capacity regs and other such restrictions that are being pushed. Some of that stuff will become either law or some type of policy, even if informal. There are assaults on ammunition purchases, possibly halting internet ammo sales, potential prohibitions against private party sales and who knows what else.

I see more infringement on the Second Amendment and more erosion of our God given rights. The Constitution, the Bill of Rights and We the People are dying a death of 1,000 cuts.