So what online gun accessories store has the most reasonable shipping costs?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Anna_Purna, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

What on-line retailer do you like to buy from that doesn't take advantage of their shipping charges?

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Amazon is a great source of miscellaneous parts, often with free shipping.

Bud's Guns offers many guns with shipping included in the price.

Lots of websites offer flat rate shipping, Joe Bob's Outfitters, Cope Distributing.

E-Sarco has reasonable shipping.

Just shop around.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Cabela's offers special shipping and discounts to their members. Midway has selected products with free shipping. :)

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i like MidwayUSA. they have excellent service, reasonable shipping costs and the prices on their products are very good.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Midway USA has gotten quite a bit of my money over the years.

Midwest Shooters Supply is pretty good too.

I have zero complaints about either.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Sportsmen's Guide waives shipping when you join their club. It's a great deal for that ONE order.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

yes! MidSouth Shooter's Supply is another one i like using as well.

Brownell's is a good source and their shipping costs are reasonable as well.

8. GrandRapidsGuns

GrandRapidsGuns New Member

We at Grand Rapids Guns are interested in what you think a resonable shipping rate should be? Flat rate for everything? Built into price? Based strictly on weight/location? What are your thoughts? We are committed to structuring our buying experience so it is enjoyable by all!

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You will find more success by increasing product prices and offering free shipping.

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

Flat rate based on price of order for anywhere in CONUS. Maybe a little extra for Alaska and Hawaii and OCONUS.

Example:
    $5 for all orders below $99 (maybe free for orders less than, say $20)
    $7 for orders totaling $100-$150
    $9 for orders $151-$200

Those numbers are arbitrary. I think you get my idea. Just my opinion. Basing it on weight can get very expensive for the customer, very fast. It can discourage repeat customers.

11. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Just curious why some stores can put everything into a flat rate usps box for $5.80, while others will only use a USP or FED ex type of shipping that runs around 12.00 dollars for the same items. When I buy online, I am doing so for the best price, as well as not giving any more money to uncle sam in taxes. Sometimes its better to just buy locally because some mail order places (like brownells as an example) will charge more than 5 dollars to put a screw in a USP box, when a padded envelope will do

Just curious

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  12. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

I doubt that anyone wants to see increased prices. And not everything can be shipped free, no matter how much you jack up the pricing. Competitive pricing and "actual" shipping costs are the way to go.

13. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I use amazon and midway USA quite a bit. Others depend on mainly if they have what I'm looking for at a reasonable price and shipping rate.

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I hate the shipping costs that are attached to the order total. That is bunk. There are many things that are very expensive yet very small, and vice verse. In cases where they charge more for shipping based on how much more you spend I don't buy small expensive items. Rather I will call around and talk to the companies and if they won't give me a break for a small part that cost a lot I will order it somewhere else. I have purchased $250+ trigger groups before where they want to charge enormous amounts for shipping and just buy it somewhere else.

15. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Shipping is the hidden deal killer. Nothing makes me go shop somewhere else than when I think I have a good deal and at checkout I see what shipping charges are.

As much as I like Midway, I've shopped elsewhere for a better deal when I've seen some shipping prices. Sometimes they are the only ones with the product though, so then I just have to decide to bite the bullet or just wait and bulk order other stuff if it isn't urgent. I wish they'd do an Amazon Prime deal - $75/year for 2-day shipping on almost everything.

What's a good shipping charge? I'm sure you buy things online. What $$ makes you cringe?

I'll add Natchez Shooters also as a place to shop.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

Just bought a Lyman no rifle online shipping is a killer. My lgs got it for me no shipping fee and 50$ cheaper than the best online price I found. He is used to me asking him wierd requests just cuz his suppliers ship to him free. I can often tag stuff on he gets $$ I get lower cost and free shipping on many items.

17. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Most of us know what fair shipping costs are, and tend to deal with those that offer good deals and fair shipping cost. Lesson over!

18. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

The same place I get most of my computer parts. Amazon if they have what I want. If you're a Prime member you also get 2 day free shipping.

19. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I hear Argyle Armoring has great shipping rates.

I use USPS for accessories and pistols and UPS for long guns. USPS flat rate priority is AMAZING!!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  20. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I buy other goods from a place that charges 5% of the total cost for shipping and thats more than fair to me which is pretty close to what JW357 is talking about . It really pisses me off when I have to buy something for $20 and they try to charge you $12 for shipping . Thats ridiculous