So ... what is the point of this?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ACRhino, May 15, 2011.

1. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It is so you can have a cool .45 caliber carbine. :D

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

It's help for them people that can't hit anything with just a handgun. :cool:

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Some areas of the world you are required to register every firearm. A barrel assembly (as this) allows one to have the frame registered and still have different configurations or calibers.

That was the basis of the Omega system when Springfield Armory introduced here in the U.S. In Germany, the Omega was the Peters Stahl, and allowed different calibers for different competitions and still have one handgun.

5. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

I looked into a unit that made a 22lr pistol I have into a carbine the way this one does and the more I looked into it I found a set of ATF laws that says its ok to change a pistol to a rifle configuration but you cant turn a rifle into a pistol without NFA papers. So would this apply to these kind of units as well? :confused:

6. ACRhino

ACRhino New Member

How would that even work? Wouldn't the whole damn thing on top of the lower frame, scope and all move back and forth every time you fired? Is that to heavy even to cycle a round?

7. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

The slide mechanism is housed inside the unit, the barrel, stock, fore-end, and all that good stuff don't move back and forth.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's actually very simple. It's a mecahnical device designed to separate a fool from his money.