So what do you know about this.... Scar 18 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by AgentTikki, Oct 26, 2012.

1. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

So what do you know about this.... Scar 17 lower receiver upgrade?

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3217

Is this a Scar 17 upgrade? or can we start building these like we can an AR10. I've always wanted a battlerifeesque sub moa ar10, but this...this would be a lot more interesting......

Now the question is, will lpks and uppers be available, or is this only an upgrade for you plastic Scar Receiver, as in you'd have to buy a whole Scar and just change out the reciever......

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have to say that I personally do not YET know a damn thing about this new toy, but you definitely have my attention. :cool:

I too would be on board with building one if the parts are available.

*subscribed*

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Yes, looks like a new viral strain of BRD has just been discovered......

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn it! I just got the last case finally cured. Well, mostly cured. Well, I am in therapy and making progress. :eek:

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Couldn't help myself. I called up Rainer Arms, and they pretty much said that this is just and upgrade for your current receiver for your Scar.

Doesn't sound like there are plans for things upper recievers and other aftermarket goodies at this time... T_T

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I know you're in the industry Dillinger....mebbe you can troll around and find the inside scoop for us common folk? Mebbe some big news from Shotshow?

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'll see what I can find out A.T., but alas I fear SHOT is out of the question this year (2013). Got a vaca scheduled in Dec. and just starting a new day job I don't have the time off banked.

But, I know a couple of good guys who ARE going and I'll see if they can snoop around.

I think those things would sell like hot cakes if it came in parts for a home build.

Hmmmmm. That gives me an idea. :cool:

8. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

I'd be on board if SCAR's could be built.

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

gawd....i'm prolly thinking the same thing you are.......

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

you n me both brudda!

11. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

I shouldve never clicked that link. Can't stop thinking about it now lol. There has GOT to be a way to get a SCAR lpk and upper.

12. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Still need uppers

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Uhhhhhh......

What can I do with a Scar that I can't do with my Colt M4??????

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Scar is on my list of next to have . Just cannot decide if I wanna go 5.56 or .308 . problem is I have so much .223 ammo stacked up I hate to get in the .308 and have to stock pile another caliber when I already have larger caliber bolt guns . decisions decisions :confused:

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Easy to solve this problem.... get one of each. >.<