So...the Dems are saying stand your ground

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by BenLuby, May 8, 2012.

1. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I believe that Orwell called it double-speak. Self defense is a threat to law abiding citizens that must rely on the State for God given rights.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Every Chance I get to enlighten someone about what the Democrats are trying to do to our gun rights I take full advantage.

Sending emails about how you feel, campaign against those who are responsible for hindering law abiding citizens and helping the criminals and illegal aliens.

Never pass up the chance to voice your opinion to those who were elected to serve you, with support or a vote of disapproval.

5. Millwright

Millwright Member

This is the tenor of the debate - states' rights vs federalism - that created the Civil War. Its time to be asking ourselves - and our neighbors and friends - if this is the objective of our current administration; and do we want it to prevail ?

IOW, does the federal government now assume powers inimitable to our constitution ? Or presume to prevail upon 1500 years' of Western thought/philosophy/law ? >MW

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't worry about it, it will never get out of the House. It is election year posturing, everyone knows it. Most Dems are not gun people, they are talking to those folks. How many Republican votes do you think this bill will get?

7. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

This is starting to look like a staged event. First it gets massive media coverage as a hate crime and gets people really emotional, then our holy government wants to terminate what they call "shoot first" laws.
    Ok I don't believe it was a staged event but they saw a wonderful opportunity with the Trayvon case, it's just so sad that Zimmerman wasn't 100% white & Christian.

8. Steenkamp

Steenkamp New Member

Dont you guys know that all you have to do to an intruder threatening your life, your spouse or kids life is fend him off with your good looks!! If that doesnt work just sit him down and explain to him what he is doing is wrong. :rolleyes:

9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Well I'm a pretty ugly bastard and I'm not much for talkin ..... so what's left ? :cool:

10. NativH

NativH New Member

Show them how pretty your 1911 looks in dim, romantic, mood lighting. Just before you empty the first mag at them.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Aw, guys, don't you think you're being unfair to B.O.?

He just wants to make sure his constituent's right to

loot
    other peoples homes and businesses doesn't

result in any Democrats getting their greasy little

weasel faces blown off...

12. Steenkamp

Steenkamp New Member

Cant do that!! You will end up in the slammer. Best to just let your family fend for themselves and leave your house and all your belongings there and hoof it out of there. Cant defend yourself legally obviously!!! so hide or run away and hope you have a chance to call the LEO's before you take a bullet from the BG. Oh yea.... After he shoots you it is okay to start thinking about defending yourself... :eek:

13. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

fify !!!! :D

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  14. barneygoogle

barneygoogle New Member

To prove they are sincere, I think George Clooney and Obama should at least get married to each other. And then Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton might tie the knot. Then they might get all the homosexual votes. Thats the only reason they are doing it anyway.
    Mr. Barack Obama and the first man Mr. George Clooney, sounds good to me. Vote Demagay in Nov

15. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I think B.O. needs to BOLDLY LEAD THE WAY, BY EXAMPLE.

You don't think guns are a good idea? Then send the secret

service home.

Yeah, didn't think so. Hypocrite...

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Travon Amendment, my pasty white posterior.
    With the info I'm aware of, SYG had as much to do with that situation as dinosaur flatulence.
    FWIW, it had as much chance of passing as I do of being voted head of the DNC.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It is all a show to get your mind off the real problems and the public is buying it. Problems like a real unemployment rate of 22.3%, the economy, the national debt, etc. Get back on track.:mad:

18. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Being a father who has lost three sons my heart goes out to the Trayvon family. However, rescinding 'Stand Your Ground' ruling is way out of question here. Just because someone pursued a teenager and shot him in the chest then cries out 'Stand Your Ground' defense does not make it so. Stand Your Ground is an extension of the Castle Doctrine insofar as it allows one when outside their homes and cars to protect self and family in that moment of lethal threat. Period.