so....the DD ar build is finally done!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Broke124, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

I just finished my build guys. U all were right, it wasn't that hard at all...except for that damn pivot pin detent. That thing shot out 6 times. Thank goodness I was able to find it every time. But here she is. More pics to follow. No range report yet.

ForumRunner_20111230_121935.jpg

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Good going, Broke! Yeah most of us have put that pivot detent into low orbit a time or two!

Definitely let us know how she works out... which should be very well considering the quality of parts.

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Gratz man!

The is one fine Looking AR you have there! very very nice!
    Man doesn't look like you pulled any stops.....eotech, vltor clubfoot, DD rail? Hrm...is that a LW barrel?

How's she shoot?

How do you like that sling? MS3?

and MORE PRON PLZ. get closer up...nice and personal like..... :D

4. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Just got back from the makeshift range my neighbors and I put together. The DD shoots like a dream! Very happy with parts selection and also happy I spent the little extra on the detailed items. Sooo here are some extra pics...

ForumRunner_20111230_181004.jpg

ForumRunner_20111230_181106.jpg

ForumRunner_20111230_181227.jpg

ForumRunner_20111230_181322.jpg

ForumRunner_20111230_181437.jpg

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

um......
    is your rear sight....on backwards? o_O

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

um.....
    is your front sight on backwards? o_O

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

ps ty for the pron .......oooo yeah

8. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Like the sling fine its the MS2. It could be a little wider for comfort purposes. Yes it is the LW barrel. Don't know what u mean by HRM, but yeah eotech, vltor, and all the goodies. DD m4v5 LW upper, Spikes lower, DD LPK, magpul accessories.

9. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

I thought they flip up from the front, do they not? Keep in mind this is my first AR. So hell if I know. Lol.

10. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Well usually they flip up from the rear, but it's my understanding that they're made to be fine either way.

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Ya, unfortunately I believe both your sights are on backwards, tho it really shouldn't affect use.

The mounting bolt goes forward, towards the target.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Your MBUS are on backwards :)

Not only does the DD shoot great it will shoot great over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... (you get the idea) and look good while doing it.

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

actually, the way you've mounted them, the's look a lot nicer to you as the shooter. But yeah, mebbe you should turn em around.....

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

damn, I wanna build another one now......

Oh and btw, the MS3 just came out..... its straps are a bit wider for a little more comfort.

15. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Touche...will do. Although they work fine as they are. Who said they have to be a certain way? What's the reasoning?

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Touche.......well at least swap the rear one around...that way you'll be maximizing sight radius...by a good inch or two :p

17. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Switched.

18. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

What do you mean by maximizing sight radius?

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The further away your front post is from your rear ring the more accurate it is.

20. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Had no clue. Interesting.