So since Illinois is in such a bad state of debt

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by purehavoc, Oct 26, 2011.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Why dont they just issue permits for CCW and charge a fee like they do for there FOID card ? Lots of stuff here in this state absolutely kills me . Illinois is so far behind paying school, nursing homes , etc and looking for ways to build money for there system and help keep their welfare/. free medical assistance alive ,I as a taxpayer am tired for taking care of the ones that want welfare instead of needing it . Why not implement it ? they passed the whole gambling machine thing to make some tax dollars , I know I wouldnt mind paying a small fee to carry , atleast maybe that $$$ would be put to pay off some of the states debt , or atleast create some more unneeded jobs :) for someone to look over the carriers . Wake up Illinois its time to quit being the last for everything .

2. fmj

fmj New Member

The home of the Duh Cubs, Duh Bears, Bulls and Black squacks, Fighting Illini and North Western....and you really expect something other than LAST PLACE!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

because Quinnby is bumbling mumbling idiot....

4. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

easy there Colts fan.....:D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've been seeing this quite a bit, so have to ask at the risk of sounding noobish, what is an FOID card?

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

FOID This is another messed up IL rule you wont have to worry about
    The Illinois State Police provides Firearm Owner's Identification Cards

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's what I was afraid of. Isn't that tantamount to registration?

8. fmj

fmj New Member

THEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS!!!!!

For your inflamation i DESPISE the Dolts!!!

I happen to be a lifes long DUHtroit Tigers, Dions, Dead Wings, Pistons fan!

OH, and dont you dare call me a wolverweenies fan either...I am a PROUD SPARTAN!!!

9. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Ehh kinda. They don't really know what you own (unless all your guns are bought at a dealer). Private party sales, guns bought out of state etc the state will not know you have. It is kinda silly since really all a FOID card is a background check, which is done for every firearm you buy (at a dealer). It's just another way for this broke, crooked state to try and make a buck and give us law abiding citizens a hard time. I don't agree with it, but it's what I have to deal with for now.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Does it at least allow you to skip the background check when purchasing a new gun from a dealer? I would think about volunteering for that just to skip the paperwork.

11. RainmanK

RainmanK New Member

Nope, we still have to go through all the same loops and fences to purchase from a dealer. I could see if it did at least expedite the paperwork how it would be worth it, but it's really just another revenue generator.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's just a great big ole pile of steaming BS then.

13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

No, there is still a check with every new firearm you purchase. Kinda silly and redundant, but then again so is the entire Chicago political machine.

14. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

man, I agree. I'd gladly pay a fee for a CCW living in chicago. hell, I already paid for a FOID card, firearms safety class, gun registrtation, and a chicago firearms permit. whats another ticky-tack fee if it means CCW privileges?

15. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

LMAO, u wish!

I live in chicago, u dont even wanna know what u have to go thru here to have a legal firearm. it makes the suburbs look like a walk in the park.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Your right, I probably don't.

Meanwhile, I can just stroll on down the street and pick me up a pistol. :)
    Sorry, had to rub it in a bit.

17. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

GRRRRR!!!

but its all good. I got my glock 23 sitting next to me right now. I just can't take it out of the house!

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Freakin damn!! That's some BS.

19. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

basically. it seems other than like california or ny/nj, chicago is awful when it comes to arming yourself.

20. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Next week the "land of Lincoln" is going to be to only State that left that dont trust the people to carry or issue a CCW.