So Seeing I Had 10 Mosin Nagants.......

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by gandog56, Aug 26, 2010.

1. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

....and only 1 Steyr M95. I traded a guy a MN M38 straight up for this Steyr Bulgarian 1903 contract M95. The Mosin only cost me 80 bucks when I bought it, and was counterbored, mis-matched and force matched, but did have a nice lammy stock.

Plus it was the second least accurate Mosin I owned.

[​IMG]

2. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

If both parties of the trade are happy, it's a good deal. But dude, you got the better end of this deal by far! :cool:

3. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

+1 The Steyrs are SOOO underrated in my opinion. They may kick like a mule but are high on my C&R coolness list. The straight pull action is very quick. I got mine as part of a batch of 5 rifles I bought on gunbroker (all 5 sold together as a for parts sale). The seller said this one had a broken bolt ( lol ) He did not realize it was a straight pull. The rifle was whole and matching and turned out beautifully after I restored it.

Good trade on your part..

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  4. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Dang things are like potato chips - you can't have just one..... :rolleyes:

You pick up an Austrian 95, and all of a sudden you have to have a Budapest as well. Buy a 91/30, then you end up with a half dozen M44's. Crazy stuff!
    (Hey, who can pass up 3-fers at $45 a pop?) :D

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Haha! That is hilarious.

6. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Just got my third one. So now I own an Austrian, a Bulgarian contract, and a Hungarian!

7. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

I'm up to 12 Mosins now, only ONE is a M44.;)

8. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Still just have the austrian but it's a bute and a prize in my collection.. I'd like to have the others but there are sooo many other firearms to collect ( lol )..

Only have 9 Mosin Nagants in my collection... 5 91/30's (one is an all matching ORIGINAL sniper) 2 M44's and 1 M38 then I have the officers model revolver =)

I'm still young thiough so I keep looking for more ;)

9. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

That is one beautiful rifle!! :D

Do you do the restoration on it? If so, what did you seal the stock with? :confused:

10. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Came to me that way. But he also got a just freshly gel coat stained, sanded, finished with 10 coats of Tung oil and 2 coats of poly-vinyl on the laminated M38 stock from me.

11. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

im starting to think something is wrong with me cause a lot of people like mosins and i dont ill have to shoot one one day maybe i will change my mind. I think i just dont like the looks of them compared to my mausers but man i know a lot of people enjoy shooting the hell out of mosins!

12. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Find yourself a Finnish Mosin like a M27 or M39... It changed my mind about the lowly Mosin...... :p

13. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Lowly? I don't know about that but it is sure the cheapest .30 cal rifle you can buy that actually shoots decent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Gandog56/SAgroup.jpg

I'll take that at 100 yards with the iron sights any day of the week. The rifle was like $150 with the shipping!

14. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

And I have a couple of comparative Mosins almost that accurate at $69.99 each. How much were your Mausers?