Firearms Talk banner

So sad, more proof of the need

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  NGIB 
#1 ·
Don't know if you have seen this...

The Associated Press
» More from The Associated Press
8:20 a.m. PT Mar 20, 2008

WEST COVINA — A woman was shot to death in her home while telling a 911 dispatcher someone was trying to break in.

The victim phoned for help about 11:40 a.m. Wednesday. Los Angeles County sheriff’s Lt. Dan Rosenberg says a dispatcher spoke with the woman briefly, heard gunshots over the line, then silence.

Deputies soon arrived at the home on Cameron Avenue, followed by paramedics, who pronounced the woman dead. Police would describe the victim only as a female Asian adult.

Investigators searched the neighborhood repeatedly and South Hills High and Mesa Elementary schools were locked down for about two hours.

No suspects had been taken into custody as of late Wednesday.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sad story. Not far from WEST COVINA is an indoor shooting range in Huntington Beach. Could have taken a class and learned how to shoot a Firearm and protect herself. Of course the anti's will have you belive that the police can protect you all the time.

#4 ·
Wish I could remember the DC case where it was found that the police DO NOT have the responsibility to protect you. I find it sad that way to many folks believe the "To Protect and Serve" they see on the police cars.

I am, and always will be, the first line of defense for my family. My wife and 3 kids are all accomplished shooters and we all understand that SELF defense is the best defense...

#5 ·
Wish I could remember the DC case where it was found that the police DO NOT have the responsibility to protect you. I...
Yeah, the LA riot aftermath came out with the same thing when citizens tried to take recourse for the cops bailing and not fighting through to get to them. Scary when you realize that there is a large number of folks that say we don't have the right to defend ourselves but the institution says they are not responsible.

#6 ·
Wish I could remember the DC case where it was found that the police DO NOT have the responsibility to protect you. I find it sad that way to many folks believe the "To Protect and Serve" they see on the police cars.
Check out this and this.

This is a sad story. But the bottom line is we are responsible for our own safete from others. (Does that really even need to be said?)

#7 ·
The problem is, these stories never attract wide scale media coverage, so the masses of sheeple continue about their personal held beliefs, obvious to the world around them. Yet another sad tale out of the Kommunist State of Kalifornia, where it's A-ok to die while following the rules, but God help you if you actually want to try and defend yourself. :mad:

Interesting story - My finacee' has a married couple that she has known for probably ten years. They are, shall we say, pacifists with left leaning beliefs. When they first met me, they were intrigued by my working in a gun shop part time and had many questions, not the least important was why I felt everyone should have a weapon in their house and be trained to use it. Over a few dinners and get togethers, questions would arise, but seemed to be more from the "well, the belief is that ..." category. They live in an upscale, new yuppie, old school neighborhood where the young social climbers are buying old vintage houses and living the dream. About 2 months ago their house was broken into while they were gone at work. Very little was stolen, though they did lose their plasma that was mounted on the wall and their drawers and closests were gone through. The very same week I get an urgent e-mail about how to improve home security and requests to come do a walk through of their house to suggest changes to keep it from happening again.

Seems like the only times these type of people want to know about the "dark, insidious world" that I live in is when the real world creeps into their little piece of joy and craps all over it.

D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.