So my cellphone finally broke

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Aug 15, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive had the base model LG flip phone for about 3 years now its been dropped kicked stepped on and lived in a sweaty pocket the whole time. it finally gave up due to sweat corrosion.

i went to the verizon store today to get a new LG and telling the rep i needed a sturdy phone he pointed out the casio ravine. he said it armored and waterproof. i said sold ill take it.

so i started digging up some info on this phone and i discovered its called "the world's toughest cellphone"

a little digging on youtube turned up some strange peeps abusing the hell out of these phones.

the part where he runs over it with a truck is pretty impressive

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mse7exkH_4]Casio Ravine Review - Bootcamp - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGCmd0bprjg]Casio Ravine (THROWING test) - YouTube[/ame]

i guess i wont be needing a new one anytime soon.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm quite impressed. Now, if it only had a full keyboard for texting...........

3. MGH

MGH New Member

We just got one of those at work; my boss ran over our old phone with a golf cart.:p

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Sorry winds hit thumb down by accident. They make a keyboard model of it that is just as tough.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

You should put it through some real world tests yourself. Something that might happen by accident for example. Shoot it! :D

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Lol no. If it was free and i could get another for free no problem.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Shoot it, shoot it , :D shoot it!!!!!!

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Send me one ill be happy to shoot yours lol ill even use a 458 LOTT

9. winds-of-change

What cell phone carrier do you use? Now I want one!!!

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

verizon. my wife handles all that cellphone stuff normally. i got texting interweb and all that junk turned off. i just make and recieve calls. im just real abusive to my phones

11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Get a Rugby

My Samsung Rugby has been in the washing machine three times, still works great.

The Rugby is mil-spec. That should appeal to a fellow AR geek.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

ya it does :) i thought all cellphones were flimsy pieces of junk. i bought this one purely cuz the rep said it was waterproof. in the past i just got whatever cost 50$ or less

13. winds-of-change

Hmmmm.............I have Verizon, too. I'll have to look into this phone. Actually, more for my daughter. She is tough on her phones.