So, Lincoln?

Discussion in 'Nebraska Gun Forum' started by Dillinger, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

What can anyone tell me about where to eat, what to see? I will be in town for a couple of days next week apparently. Corporate travel is fun. ;)

JD

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Lincoln, Nebraska? :confused: My condolences :p

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Corporate HQ. Got to meet all the VP's and such that I am interfacing with on a regular basis.

And for what they are paying me, I can go to Lincoln and spend a few days. :p

Did I mention the corporate credit card can buy booze? :D I wonder how they feel about lap dances? :rolleyes:

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Corn, corn, and more corn.

You have just witnessed Nebraska and all its glory :p

5. fmj

fmj New Member

dang double postings...

6. fmj

fmj New Member

corn makes whiskey

Whiskey makes my baby

feel a little frisky:D

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

you could catch a Conrhuskers game at the University ;)

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So. Yeah.

Stranded at the Minn./St. Paul airport because I mistakenly read the damn reader board TV, correctly. Then sat with a bunch of people who were not going anywhere near Lincoln and missed my flight, which had moved to the other end of the Earth, by about 20 minutes. :mad:

Now I have about a 3 hour wait for the last available flight.

God damn you DELTA!

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So Lincoln, Nebraska.

Weather in nice. Not too cold, not too hot.

The town is nice. Easy to find places because the streets are laid out in numbers on one axis and letters on the other. Bonus.

There are about 27 bars on "O" or "P" street. Awesome.

The chicks ARE HAWT!!! If you are a young gun thinking about choosing a school, just consider Big Red, it will be WORTH THE VISIT! :cool:

Great steak. Had a couple while there and well worth the reasonable price that was charged.

Football. OH. MY. GOD!!

They take that sh*t SERIOUS as religion there!

On game day the stadium in Lincoln (Lincoln being the second largest population in Nebraska) becomes the THIRD LARGEST city in the entire state!! They have over 100,000 seats and they have been sold out FOR-EVAH!

Needless to say, it was a nice visit.

JD

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm not a doctor, I haven't played on on tv ... but I concur with this assessment ;)

11. AR10

AR10 New Member

I am posting this from O street, where my business is located.

Food is average, not a real food town like KC, or Chicago, or NY, or New Orleans. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives missed it on their tour PAST the state. They had a brief stop in Omaha, but nothing special.

Football season is over for another year.

If you love sports, try ESPN on your hotel TV. lol

Bars? Again, nothing real special. Call a cab, the city is full of police that love busting DWI offences. If you are not much above college age, the college bars are full of interesting C0-EDs on Fri & Sat nights.

If you are into history, the State Capitol Building is a good one hour tour, free I believe.