So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Coolbeans194, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Coolbeans194

Coolbeans194 New Member

In order for me to order an AR-15 stripped lower reciever I go to my local FFL, in my case it's an Army Navy store, and tell them that I wish to order an AR-15 stripped lower reciever online and that I need them to order it for me?.. Then they tell me that they are going to charge so much for a transfer fee, I say ok, then what?.. We pull up a computer in the shop and order it right there?.. or do they give me some information I am suppose to type in when ordering at home?.. they order it for me once i go away if I just tell them what I want?..or do they have some sort of catalog I choose from?.. this is the part where I get lost in all of the non-sense. Please help it would be very nice.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

They order it, fax a copy of their FFL to the seller and 7 - 10 days later you have a stripped lower!

3. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I order, tell them who my FFL is and what his address is, pay for it. Contact my FFL, give him the information. If he is not already on their FFL list, he sends them his information and they ship it to him.

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I just went to my local gun shop and expressed my interest in getting a stripped AR lower for a 5.56 cal. build and asked them which ones they could get for me fairly quick and at what price. They offered me Stag, Armalite and DPSM at various prices. 7-days later they had my Armalite ready for pick-up.

If you want a particular brand vs. the ones they can get through their suppliers, ordering one yourself online and having them do the FFL transfer is an option. You should shop around to see if there's anyone else in your community that can do it for a better price before commiting.

The FFL holder you choose will need to know where you ordered it and what the order number is so he can arrange to send them a copy of his license and then arrange for the shipping to his location to receive it. It has to come to him before he can deliver it to you.

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

The FFL has to take delivery then transfer the lower to you...nothing says that they have to order it. You can purchase a lower anywhere, you just cannot take posession directly from the seller (barring a face-to-face)

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I usually do it like Glass. I know my FFL, address and how much they charge. Good to call ahead just to doublecheck of course. Then go shopping for what I want online, order and pass on my FFL info. About a week later I get a call that it's in at my FFL and I go pick it up.

ETA:
    Don't forget that some gunshops have lowers in stock, so in that case I bet in Texas you walk in, choose from what they've got, fill out the paperwork, pay the man and walk out with your lower in 15 minutes. That's what I did last week in Idaho.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  7. wooleybooger

wooleybooger New Member

even better quentin,we have gunshows. i went to one 2 weeks ago that had at least 8 dealers of only ar stuff. dealer a in this corner has lower x for $80 while dealer b wayyy over there has the same lower for $90. wander,remember,and bargain. i picked up a surplus ammo lower for $60 after i swore that i saw one on the net for $50.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah WB, a gun show might be a good place to stumble across a deal on a lower... never know what you might find.