So is this photoshopped?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by canebrake, May 28, 2011.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

From a friend, what do you think?

This is NOT A Python... Dear Florida neighbors:

[​IMG]

This is a 15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake - the largest ever caught on record, in fact. This snake was found Near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB homes subdivision just south of Jacksonville FL.

[​IMG]

A little research revealed the following: One bite from a snake of this size sould contain enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men. The head of this snake alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man. A bite from those fangs would be comparable to being stabbed by two curved, 1/4 inch diameter screwdrivers. The knife being used to draw out the fangs for the bottom picture has a blade around 4 inches long. This snake is estimated to have weighed over 170 pounds. (How much do you weigh?) Notice the girth of this snake as compared to the cop's leg in the first picture (and he is not a small man). A snake of this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child (and dogs, pigs, etc).

A snake this size has an approximately 5 1/2 foot accurate striking distance. (The distance for an average size rattlesnake is about 2 feet.) This snake has probably been alive since George Bush Sr. was President.

[​IMG]

Now just ask yourself this question:

How loud was its rattle?
    What has this snake been feeding on and where are its offspring?

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

Major pucker factor, no ifs, ands, or buts.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

This is supposed to be a local to me. It is another that made the rounds.
    [​IMG]

5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I don't buy it. I've seen an 11 foot timber rattler and just going from that the proportions are all wrong. That knife looks like a leatherman tool and those blades aren't four inches by a long shot.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Question is how many 1911 grips can be made from that hide? The scale size alone would make a one of a kind pattern.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would have called the sherrif right after I killed it WITH A 1911 and FIRE.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Here- fixed that for you. :p

9. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

+1 to that. I may have even reloaded and fired some more just to be sure! :eek:

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Having played around with cameras with adjustable f-stops, different speed films, etc...

I would say that no, it is not photoshopped, but the aspect of the picture makes the snakes look larger than they really are.

None are stretched out along side of something that would show their real length.

(just as bringing you index finger to the eye. It does not get longer, but you can cover a door if done correctly.)

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

That's alot of Cowboy-Boots.....They Fotoshopped that pig they killed in the South Asia a few years back....Hogzillia....

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Don't forget about manbearpig...just sayin'...

Attached Files:

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Re-fixed it for ya..... [​IMG]

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Last time I'll go skinny-dipping in 'em parts!