So I got stuck with an SKS

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Foskco, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Foskco

Foskco New Member

I got it from a friend awhile back and I don't want it anymore, it's a Chinese model and reading up on the serials its from early to mid 70s and of course has the folding bayonet... what's a price I could put the thing at to get rid of it quick so I can add something more interesting to my collection to replace it??
    Any help on pricing is appreciated.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Sell it on gunbroker, no reserve, two week bid period. You would do quite well.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

what he said.. especially at this current time.. id make an offer myself right now but dont have the extra funds for a few more weeks.

4. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

Eh, just send it to me and I'll take care of it for you. j/k I agree with the other two, but I would consider hanging on to it. I think they're good little rifles, ammo's cheap, and they are easy to work on. I really enjoy mine. Good luck.

5. nosaj

nosaj New Member

You say stuck like having an SKS is a bad thing :/ There are plenty of SKS nuts (myself included) that would be happy to relieve you of your burden. If u are looking for a quick sale put a price of $2-250 and i bet u have it sold in minutes no matter what method u use to sell :)

6. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I'll give you $200 right now!!

7. Foskco

Foskco New Member

Are they reall worth 250? I always thought they were like an ak knock off lol. I may keep it do a little better research.

8. Foskco

Foskco New Member

Thanks for the help/info

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Keep the boring SKS. Someday you'll appreciate having gotten stuck with it.

10. nosaj

nosaj New Member

$210 ;)

11. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

They're a good truck gun if nothing else. I've seen them going for $400 + and that was before all the boom.

12. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Sks came before AK. They were the first gun the 7.62x39 was introduced in. $215!!!

13. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Similar working action to an AK. SKS uses a short piston independent to the "plunger" and charging handle. AK uses a long piston 1 piece through gas tube.

$220

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

$10 and ill pay shipping.

15. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Boooo, we got a hater....haha

16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Nope, more like a broke enthusiast.

17. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I can relate to that!

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If you have a Chinese SKS, you've got one of the very best.

These have the chrome chamber and bore. you shouldn't have any trouble moving it for $400.

I'd keep it if I were you.

19. -06

-06 New Member

One of my first milsups was a "bubba'd " up SKS. Still have it and some of it's cousins. Fine shooters.

20. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have an sks. That is my son's favorite gun. You will get a lot more than $200 in an auction. In this crazy time I would not be suprised to see someone pony up $500 in an auction.