So I believe I might be the owner of a 20 gauge maverick.

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Anna_Purna, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I had lent some money (I know, I know) to a friend who was supposed to have paid it all back to me by the end of May. Well, close to the deadline, he asked if I could 'hold' his new shotgun for him until he finished paying me back. Fast forward to today, and he still hasn't paid me a dime since May. He owes me 189 dollars, and had just bought that shotgun about a month earlier, and has only shot it about 2 boxes worth.
    I really don't need or want this gun. Ya think I could ask 200 dollars for it?
    Just a thought.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

You can ask, no guarantee you will get $200.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Cute girls get what they want.

4. RevJammer

RevJammer Member

I think thats what they go for brand new... you might check at your local wally world...

RJ

5. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

You can "hand" it back to the "gentleman" who owes you money, barrel first, and "request", that he poney up. You may also want to "imply" that inexpensive shotguns have a habit of "misfiring" when the person holding them is owed money. ;)

6. tCan

tCan Active Member

You could get it for $189 if you just don't say anything... Or are you thinking of flipping it?

7. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

We seldom need them, but often lament one that left our hands.

I vote you keep it for a while to be sure :)

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it would make a perfect companion for the one i have in 12 gauge!:p

9. readygirl

readygirl New Member

She said she already has one, wants to unload it....I would take it to your favorite gun shop, and use it as a partial trade on something you want. That is after you and your friend are clear about whats happening...get something in writing stating that you now own the gun as payment....you dont need that getting messy later.