So, how does it feel to be the minority?

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by CulexPipiens, Feb 17, 2012.

1. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens New Member

The one out of 50 states with no concealed option? I'm from IL too. Now not only is Quinn talking about vetoing any concealed bill that comes up, he also supports (in principle) Rahm's desire to make a state wide registration that will basically tax you $65 per firearm and make you renew it again it every 5 years.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/10541702-418/rahm-emanuel-proposes-65-per-gun-fee-and-registry.html

Google "Rahm Gun Registration" for many more articles.

Make sure your representative knows how you feel about this.

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

and thats why we need a change , we need term limits to keep people like them from controlling the public and making their lifetime job a living hell for the rest of us IL folks

3. howards

howards New Member

Now how will the fool voto bill 148 in it passed with a veto proof major??

4. mkrtu9

mkrtu9 New Member

This is unbelievable, if it's not one thing it's another when it comes to firearms in this state. The concealed carry laws here suck, but I'm a police officer and can carry anyway. With that said, I've still considered moving because of our gun laws and the constant attack on them.

5. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens New Member

He won't, but have they got the numbers yet? Last I heard they had a majority, but not a veto proof level yet.

6. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Well that's nice to be considerate for us who don't have a special status to carry. Considering moving too.

7. fmj

fmj New Member

Dont feel bad folks.

At least the state isnt passing feel good laws that mean NOTHING in real life.

look at CA CCW law...you can carry....as long as the gun is UNloaded! (What a F**KING joke!)

There are other states that have CCW but its so restrictive as to be utterly useless. Hawaii and New Yuck come to mind i'm sure there are others.

8. Edward14

Edward14 New Member

Emanuel's House Bill

:mad:-To All Illinois Fire-Arms Owners-
    If this House Bill passes and Emanuel gets his way, any Illinois resident that owns handguns and doesn't comply, they will become a Class 2 Felon. Illinois already makes all residents get a FOID card before they can even buy any Fire-Arms(Only State that does)also Illinois Does Not permit any resident to Carry & Conseal(Only State that doesn't)Illinois is a Anti-Gun Blue State to it's Core....Read it for yourself...http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/02/illinois-statewide-handgun-registry-and-ammunition-tax-bills-filed-in-the-house.aspx

9. Beefhouse

Beefhouse New Member

Come to TX. Problem solved.

10. hossman

hossman New Member

Come to Alabama, Texas has too many gun laws. In Texas you have to know how to use a gun to get a CCW. In Alabama if you don't have a criminal record and have $20 you are a certified CCW tootin' fool. The sheriff in my county told my neighbor (after her life was threatened) to shoot him until he is dead. He only wants to hear one story. I loaned her my .357 mag until she bought her own gun.

11. fmj

fmj New Member

Not true...MI also has the unconstitutional registration system known as FOID!

Indiana is a free state...and gun friendly!

12. Beefhouse

Beefhouse New Member

When will the government realize gun laws only keep law abiding citizens from owning firearms. S.m.h.

13. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

This state is so backwards. Business is moving out of state and taking jobs with them. Cat has its world headquarters in Peoria and won't commit to further expansion in Illinois due to a negative business climate. Quinn is a gigantic mistake in everything he touchs. He has been no friend to education. Our last two governors are felons. Illinois has the worst credit rating of any of the 50 states and it costs taxpayers more for the interest on the loans.

We need to split Chicago off and replace the majority of our elected officials.

14. mkrtu9

mkrtu9 New Member

Wish we could split from chicago!

15. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I agree completely with the sentiments in the OP. But as of the last few months, i've started taking a different approach.

Every single person in this thread is obviously passionate about gun ownership and the second amendment (Why else would we be here?)

But we have to realize that there are people in our state that have the same passion and fervent desires we do, but their aims are to TAKE AWAY our right to protect ourselves.

What's the difference between us & them? They're expressing it publicly and in the polls! Proof? Illinois keeps electing CRIMINALS like Quinn and Rahm.

Fact: The opinions of people like Quinn are absolutely in the minority of this state. Most people of Illinois are pro-second amendment and pro-concealed carry (even though CCPs are actually AGAINST the spirit of the 2nd amendment!) but we shoot ourselves in the foot because, in my opinion, we are NOT DOING ENOUGH!

it's time to take our activism beyond the comfortable borders of a forum of people that agree with us. It's time to take our opinions that we have a RIGHT to exercise our SECOND AMENDMENT for *NO OTHER REASON* than because WE CAN.

Always when having these discussions, we are forced to give reasons WHY we should be allowed to exercise our RIGHT to own a firearm: "Protection" "Sportsmanship" "Hunting" etc...

Do people need to give an excuse for making fun of The President? NO!

Do people need to give an excuse for wanting to exercise their right to speak their mind? NO!

So why in the hell do we have to give an excuse to exercise our SECOND AMENDMENT right to own as many firearms as our wives will allow us to have?!

Ted Nugent put it better than anyone when he said that if every gun owner in Illinois would get on board with the cause, and not be a weekend warrior about it - Illinois would have Concealed Carry in 12 months.

This is our time to shine. This is not some pathetic call to action. This is a plea to join together and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW - even if you think they aren't listening!

I blast my Facebook wall every day with Gun Facts, I email representatives and senators, I call them CONSTANTLY to voice my opinions, I speak in public places where people will allow me, and I NEVER shut up about it, and once it comes time to vote for a new Governor, i'll really be ablaze with political rhetoric. Show everyone the truth.

The *ONLY* way someone like Quinn is going to win is if *WE* allow him to. We can pass the buck and "blame it on Chicago" all we want. The fact is, not everyone in Chicago likes Quinn, but those who like Quinn like him enough to get their asses to the polls, and get their friends asses to the polls, and they make their vote COUNT.

It's time we do the same thing.

No more excuses. Replace him at ALL COSTS and elect ANYONE who says they are pro-second amendment.

Illinois needs a change damnit, and we need to be the ones to usher in that change!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  16. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

FOID does nothing to prevent criminals from having firearms; just the hard-working, law-abiding citizens.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012