So how does Eley do it?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Vincine, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't know the secret to the accuracy of Eley ammunition. I do know that Eley has their own method of priming rimfire ammunition, that might allow Eley to use more consistent powders. We all know that target shooters weigh bullets to find bullets with a certain weight. Eley is very consistent with their bullet sizing. Most ammo produced by Eley is sub sonic or is slower than most production ammo.

There are a lot of variables that are unknown or would require a lot of legwork to work out. Things like Eley tailoring their ammo to shoot well from highly accurate barrels that are commonly used in competition.

3. Vincine

Vincine New Member

It's all explained in the linked artical.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Really, in competition ammo is supplied by the match organizer. No doubt the organizer buys decent ammo. I have no problem popping a fox squirrel in the head with a CCI mini mag at 50 yards. I am no Olympic shooter. I get my *** kicked with my own rifle by regular NRA smallbore competitors. Who is to say that Eley makes the most accurate ammo? All match ammo manufacturers make the same claims.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I have had excellent results with Eley.

Quality control, and consistency. Not really secrets, but it can be expensive to maintain, and it is why their ammo costs more.

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Vincene! I knew I had seen this before. It's a combination of how they design their primer, the bullet forming process, and the correct measurement of power every shot. The exact opp. Of Remington's Thunderbolt. But I have seen Eley primed Remington match,..which I have used in Smallbore rifle comps. In the 70's...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk