so how about Sig vs. HK?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Broke124, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Everybody compares Sig to Glock but I've yet to see a Sig and H&K comparison....whatcha think? I'm a Sig man personally. Ergonomics are perfect for me. How bout you guys?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

2. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Sig hands down. I have 5 Sigs and 1 Glock 19.

3. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I've owned a Sig but not a Hk, that P30 has my interest though.

4. gunsavy

gunsavy New Member

I have both a usp 45 and a p220 as much as I like hk I must say the Sig fits my hand better. The hk45 and p30 series offer better ergonomics. Quality pistol but a little pricey. Probably won't sale mine cuz I wont buy another at the price i paid for mines new.

5. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

It's a fair question; they are both hammer fired and designed for excellence. Glock may be the best bang for the buck but these two are in a different class - the best you can make.

The HK has a polymer frame while the Sig really made it claim to fame w the all steel 226 line. USP line was tested extensively by military, and 226 also did well or passed all trials. The HK has polygonal rifling vs the older style lands & grooves for the Sig. DAK vs LEM trigger configurations for safety. (USP line comes in 45 holds 12 while Sig 220 only 8.)

I don't like Sigs decocker design, HK eliminates the lever and simply incorporates the function w the safety. Both have legions of devoted fans. Both are too expensive.

6. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Did I rain on your parade or just fail to amuse ?

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sorry- Just tired eyes from folks asking to compare Glocks vs Springfields- Ruger vs S&W- Colt vs Ed Brown- RIA vs Norinco - ECT ECT-
    All guns are different - All guns are the same - different options, differnt this 'n that-
    Just seems like when a OP can't think of a particular question about a particular firearm he just just thinks "COMPARE" :confused:
    You most likely have a very good reason to compare these two particular models -
    I will now let the comparisions continue :)

8. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Gotta throw my vote,, HK USP, although both are excellent weapons, I have shot the Sig P226, sweet gun but didn't like the slim grip, as I have big (fat) hands, didn't like the single stack mag. My usp's double stack and overall ergonomics just fit me better. As to which one is better,,, I don't think that can be answered. Not by me anyways. It all ends up to each shooters personal preferences.

9. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

Good point, a more specific question might yield better results but I actually find it refreshing after all the Glock vs Sig etc comparisons. At least this is top of the line vs top of the line. Sticker fired pistols vs hammer fired, $500 vs $850, it's Apples vs Oranges.

At the End of the day, Whichever one feels better in your hand - the warm fuzzy factor - will Win.

My .02 vote is for HK.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  10. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

The Sig P226 is also a double stack mag. Are you sure you did not shoot a P220 or a P225/P6? Those are single stack mags.

But you are correct about it being up to he individual shooter. I love my Sig's and XD's but not fond of yhe Glock. Do not like the grip angle.

11. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Very possible it was the p220 then, it definitely was single stacked. Thnx for the correction, I'm alao nor a giant glock fan for no other reason than the grip angle, otherwise fine weapons.

12. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Sig hands down for me. I can't think of a better pistol in the world (my opinion of course) than a Sig P220.

13. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I almost bought a Sig220 for IPSC but I went w the Colt Combat Elite. Easier to upgrade gear and fine tune for specific task. Sig does make competition grade guns, even a really sweet Long Slide but the cost is approx $2.5K.

See the Buying first 1911 guide thread, at that price point, custom 1911s from the masters become feasible.

14. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Even in spite of the lower mag capacity?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

15. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Geez, you're on me huh? I just thought it might be nice to talk comparisons on the cream of the crop for once...unless you prefer something along the lines of colt gold cup vs. Smith & wesson sigma 9....lol...ease up boss.

16. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Absolutely. In my hands the feel of the Sig is far superior. With some practice you can get mag changes done in a hurry and although not impossible, it is very unlikely I'll need to use an entire magazine without having a chance at a tactical reload. That being said...on duty I carry my M&P .45 which gives me 11 rounds ready to go. Couple other guys in the department carry the M&P as well, so we can share mags if necessary.

17. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I choose SIG.

As far as magazine round count. I feel that's it's WAY over rated. Most encounters where 2 citizens, one bad one good, end up having to deal with one another it's usally over after 1 shot. Very seldom to never are you going to be in a law enforcement shoot out where you're gonna need 18 rounds.

So to pass on a gun you really like because of round count is silly imo.

18. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Good point. But what about in terms of combat use? More is obviously better right?

19. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

In terms of capaticy for a GI soldier yes, more ammo is better. But more ammo also has a dark side. Having more rounds can lead to less fire disapline. that's why a team of seals can take a compound full of guards with ak's while advancing only with a side arm.