So Excited for Fall

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by amoroque, Mar 29, 2010.

1. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I just turned in my Deer and Elk applications for this year and I'm so excited. I wish we could just skip right over summer and start fall.

Any of you guys have big hunting plans this year?

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Let's wait until spring turkey season is over before we skip right to fall.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I second this motion. :D

4. amoroque

amoroque New Member

yeah, my bad. I'm pretty excited for turkey season too!

I just got my tag for that today too.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Tag? What's that? :p

6. amoroque

amoroque New Member

My hunting tag.

I think they call our licenses tags because it has a perforated section that you can tear off to tag your animal.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Yea, I know. I was just being fecetious. Here in Ohio, land owners don't need to buy a license or tags to hunt their own property. :D

8. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Oh thats really cool.

We have so many rules here....its would probably take an attorney to understand the entire hunting manual.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I understand. Those elk states are like that for the most part. I was born in Colorado. My parents grew up in Colorado, and my family has a long history there. Arkansas River Valley region. My father turns 70 in a few days. He can tell you of the time long before elk hunting bacame a big business for Colorado. Sad as it is, Ohio is starting to realize the money to be made in trophy deer. Heck, the 130 acres to the south of me has just been leased. Guys come in and sign a lease with property owners for the hunting rights to that property. They in turn sell permission to guys willing to pay nearly $1k/mo. to have the right to hunt that property. Thanks to all hunting and fishing mags and t.v. shows for working to ruin the hunting in Southern Ohio and fully ruining the steelhead fishing in Northern Ohio and Pennsylvania! :mad:

Ok, rant done. :D

Here's to us all bagging our limits this Spring Gobbler and for every season there is! Cheers!!:D *tink*

10. amoroque

amoroque New Member

11. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I just put in my application for the Ky elk lotto the other day. If I luck out and get drawn I'm going to build myself a 35 Whelen just for elk.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I hope you get picked. I would seriously drive and stay a night for some elk tenderloin. Good eating right there. :)

13. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I can't wait for Archery season.. I also gotta get my app in for the Moose lottery