So Cal. Shoot and BBQ!!!

Discussion in 'California Gun Forum' started by Ryno702, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

I am gonna plan a get together for September 15 2012. It will be held at a location to be determined near Barstow Ca. That area is quite central to a lot of surrounding Southern California cities. Woul d like to use this thread to get an estimate head count. Bring friends and family also. Bring guns, food, ammo and a good attitude for a fun day in the desert! Thanx

Ryno...

2. TNKING89

TNKING89 New Member

Sounds like an awesome day. Thanks I'm in!

3. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

I will save the day. If there is camping, let us know, maybe make weekend out of it. Barstow is about 150 miles from me. If we were spending the night, my wife/kids might be inclined to join me.

4. Fixer

Fixer New Member

Barstow is a 3+ hour drive, so spending the night is a must for me as well. There would need to be a camping site close by. As long as I can legally toss up a tent, make a fire pit, and latrine, I'll be ok.

5. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

At worst there is a k.o.a campground in Barstow. So whoever wants to camp, its possible. And where would you be coming from?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

When I go out scouting for the best spot for this outing, it will be camping friendly. I have several favorite shooting and camping spots out here and when we decide on which one, we will post pics of the immediate area.

Jim.....

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

BLM land? Will there be any fire restrictions?

8. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

I'm sure if camp friendly, it should be fire friendly. Only prob is it will be September. Pretty dry that time of year. But its a lot of desert out there so usually fire friendly. I've done some riding out there and camping with buddies.

9. coronadrinker85

coronadrinker85 New Member

I'm in. Not sure if I'll camp or not but I should have at least 3 people with me.

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

It's all BLM land out here. Contained or fire-ring campfires are good. I would shy away from bon fires though, they attract to much attention. We will be out here to have fun and not be hasseled.

Jim...........

11. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

Agree! Hassle free fun...

12. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

Rite on man. It shall be fun.

13. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

RYNO,
    Took the family out shooting Sunday to a great spot on the N/E side of Calico Mt. This should be a great spot for the FTF meet & greet shoot. Should be very easy for all to find. As soon as my wife loads photos on my puter, I will post photos. Directions will be easy. Small powerline road on East side of Calico Mt.
    Directions are-North on I-15 from Barstow to Minneola Rd., left on Minneola Rd., turn left on dirt road access just after the south bound on ramp, follow the pole line road 2.1 miles and turn left on small dirt road about 300 yards to shooting spot.
    Good berm backstop for pistol and ranges out to 250 yards or so for rifle.
    Room for camping and has great scenic views. For those who like exploring old mines, there are several within the general area.

Jim............

14. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

Sounds Awesome! It seems like a great spot. So every1 got that!? That's where it will be... set your calenders for September 15th

15. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

I wish I was in the area, Love some camping and shooting...Oh yeah and the food!!!

Wisconsin here...

16. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Sounds like something I might be interested in. Keep the details coming. GPS coordinates when decided upon. Obviously we want to be sure we are on BLM "OK to Shoot" land.

17. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

All the spots we are contemplating are shooting safe. And OK to do so... we will post some more info as time comes... all are welcome...

18. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I've been a little lazy lately and havn't got the photos in my puter yet, but here are the GPS numbers. You can bring the location up on Google Maps.

34.944211, -116.791572

I will post photos sometime today. (hopefully)

Jim.....................

19. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

Hahaha. No worries bud. It's still a ways away.