Featured So as some of you read I just bought my first AR .

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Gh0zt36, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Well-Known Member

For now I just bought a 1" UTG med .083 riser for my red dot so when I find sights they should co-witness

Now , I'm trying to find decent flip up sights . It seems the Mbus are out of stock everywhere .

So other than them what do you guys use ??

Are the chinaman sights worth it ? I really would like something made in the US . I was looking at Dagger Defense flip ups but theyre out of stock right now too . Vet owned company made in the US .

Sounds good , they should be in stock soon .

Anyone else have any ideas ?

The rifle is a Spike's Skeletal Viking 10.5" pistol . It has a rail that runs from charging handle to flash suppressor so theres a bit of real estate for a pistol .

What say you ? Would 45 degree offsets be worth a look ?

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Meprolight , Aero Precision or Midwest Industries are good Flip Ups. You can also get some of them with Tritium Inserts for Night!

SRK97 likes this.

3. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I have BCM flip up sites and even with my poor eyesight I can shoot what I aim at, I'm very happy with them. The only thing I had to do was to buy a tool for adjusting elevation, which is really no big deal.

4. Gh0zt36

Yea , I looked them up ... Theyre all pretty expensive. I decided to just go with spring loaded Dagger defense flip ups for now and when I get more money to throw at it I'll pick up better ones. Atleast the dagger defense are all metal .

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

The thing now is a red dot off 45 degrees and a scope on top.

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  6. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You have to be careful buying any of the major brands online, unless you have a lot of faith in the dealer. One of the site makers had more chiwanese rip offs coming into their warranty and returns department than they had genuine products.

primer1 and towboater like this.
  7. Gh0zt36

a 45 red dot and a scope ? haha Man , people really want ALL the sights nowadays . Do you really need a scope on a 10.5" though ? The loss in velocity due to the barrel length really going to go the distance ?

8. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

I did not say mine was set up like that, but this fighting Irishman makes a good point

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020 at 6:30 PM
    Gh0zt36 and towboater like this.
  9. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Chinaman sights are not worth it. There is zero utility in the so called co-witnessing. You'll be better off mounting the red dot up where you like it, and forget the BUS.

schnuffleupagus and towboater like this.
  10. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I run DD non folding irons.
    Just pop the rear when its time add scope/ mount for yote season

Gh0zt36 likes this.
  11. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

12. Gh0zt36

T
    hose BUIS sights i got were the last in stock option. Even now as I type this they're out of stock . I checked the day after I bought them to read features. I may have bought the last 2 sets .

Alot of things are out of stock right now . I couldn't find the Magpul K2+ grip to save my life in black . I found one in ranger green but that woulda looked out of place on the otherwise all black spikes.

But , I had no idea Pachmayr made grips for ARs so I bought one of them . Overmolded rubber with finger choils like the Hogue but slimmer OD . And I really like the pachmayr presentation grips on my Ruger Security Six . They have proven to be excellent carry grips.

13. Gh0zt36

looked on YHM .com and out of stock on damn near every sight .

It's the end of the damn world .

14. Gh0zt36

See , I find utility in absolute co-witnessing , If your optic goes down and any dot can , even with 1/3 co-witness you have to readjust your position and cheek weld and re acquire your target .

I understand all that happens in just a second or so but if you find your self in a fight that second of surprise failure and requisition of your target may give that slight edge to your opponent .

Absolute cowitness either you have your sight up already and ready to go or just a push of a deployment button away from re engaging while not having to re position your cheek weld.

I understand this all pertains to a fairly proprietary scenario but things seem to going slightly sideways in 2020 and you just never know .