Snowy Virginia

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Dec 19, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Well it started at about 7 pm last night at Stafford By midnight when I went to bed we had 8 to 10". This morning we have about 10 to 11" at 8 pm. I just checked at 11 am and we are at 13" we are running right at 2" per hour with this not stopping till sometime tomorrow.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, at least your flooding is delayed; i had to go be the backup for the basement pump at Mom's yesterday. I'll be making some gutter mods over there this weekend.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Looks like I will have to put a hold on the move to VT this weekend. Not fun trying to drive a van load of stuff up through the Catskills and into the mountains of VT. Guess I'll just take the TJ out and have some fun in the snow. ;)

Thanks for the heads up Tango.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Soooooo......tango.....you think you've got it bad???

When I walked the dogs this AM it was 64ºF!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to put on long pants!

So quit your whining!

[​IMG]

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Tango, Dog,

I feel really sorry for you guys... maybe this will make you feel better I took these outside right now. BTW it's a balmy 47 with the high to be 56 degrees. Come on down the weather is great.

Attached Files:

6. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

wow...

Yeah I'm in Stafford, too, and over here on Mountain View Road they plowed the road at 7am. You can't tell now. It's under several inches of snow again already.

We're really gettin' it here!

So much for going to the gun shop today...I guess that Marlin 45-70 will have to wait.

Josh

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yeah my plow guy hasn't even attempted to plow my road. If he wasn't a neighbor I would fire him.... But His rates are great last two years are great we spend a whopping $200 for 3 years of plowing can't beat that.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The biggest problem here is that the state knew this was coming for 2 or 3 days. They didn't get prepared for it at all. The snow was falling for over 12 hours before I seen a single snow plow. Then even when they do plow the state and county don't want the roads messed up so they plow with 1/4 to 1/2" of clearence from the road to the blade of the plow.

If I owned a skid steer right now I would be making some major bank we are talking profit of $10,000 to $20,000 after fuel and what not for plowing parking lots and HOA streets.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

A good friend in Berryville just sent me a pick of what he has right now. You folks are in for some fun. :D

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

My part of Virginny ain't bad at all. A little rain so far.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Well folks at 1300 hours I have lost my polar bear. Lost it so if you see a polar bear with a gold and red collar please return him to me.

This is 8 am this morning. Now the snow is to the top of the polar bear in this picture.

[​IMG]

This is the dog out playing in the snow at midnight last night. Oh and you can't see the tires on the bike in this picture now.

[​IMG]

12. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

It is supposed to get worse though. And what is IYAOYAS? I am used to IYAAYAS? If you ain't ammo, you ain't ****... Guess I'm not **** :lol

13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

It's bad up here in Frederick, MD to. I went to the grocery store at about 7 am and it was drivable but not recommended. I just got back from another outing and the conditions are now what I would call just dangerous. Going out on the roads (even main roads) is a bad idea if not absolutely needed.

I've lived in Alaska and experienced much worse weather, but they have the infrastructure to deal with it, in the DC area we do not. That and I had Blizzak tires in AK which make a world of difference.

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Lovely Winter Wonderland. Go out and make a Snow Angel, Write your name in it and Build a Snowman. Enjoy it.

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

It's to light for snowmen, can't even make a decent snowball out of it.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Your talking to a California boy If there are grits in the air or on the ground or both me's stay's inside where the heat is on and the cold beer is at.

17. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Really? I had to look out the window to check...
    [​IMG]
    but no snow for me.... 100ºF and a brilliant sun...:p

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Just went out and checked Grits are still falling and the snow is now at 19" My poar bear is still missing in action and now my deer has it head in the snow not sure why but I think it is a democrap and thinks that if it buries it head in the snow it wil all go away and Obama wil buy it a house.

19. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

:d awesome

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

No, not awesome.

I have not seen this kind of snow ever in the 9 years I have been coming to VA. This area is going to be closed down for 1 to 2 maybe even 3 weeks before getting back to normal operations.

I am glad I got lots of Cotenelle and enough food for a month or two.