snow removal protection

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by moneymaker17, Jan 2, 2012.

1. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

i will be plowing snow in maryland, im not sure of my route, however i would not be suprised if i ended up in the complete, GETTO..

i surly would not want my truck stolen, or me brutly beaten for some od reason,
    what should i cary???
    TASER?
    SHOTGUN?
    BEAR SPRAY?
    ALL?
    ANY SUGESTIONS.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

do you have a ccw for maryland?? are you self employed or working for someone else?? if not self employed consult your employer's weapon on the job policy. can you legally carry a long gun in your vehicle uncased ready to go in maryland?? if you dont have a ccw consult your state laws regarding less than lethal.

personal if i carry a firearm i will not have a less than lethal option on me or in my vehicle. mainly because it not only can be but will be used against you by a liberal DA. my opinion never mix firearms with less than lethal for self defense.

3. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Depends on your local laws. Of the 3 you list, I'd guess shotgun if it is the short version & easily used in close quarters.

4. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

no i do not have any ccw, im plowing under someone, with my own truck tax free cash, so pretty much for myself.
    i just am thinking what if situation,. i want to be prepared....

a friend was telling me a story of a guy he knows, was plowing in a not so nice area (shopping center)
    and 2 males got out of a old beat up car, ran up to his truck, before they got there the guy got out of his truck with a .38 and told them to get back in their car or else...
    (they were going to steal his truck and beat him up).

5. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

I'm a ccw holder in VA , I've done my share of plowing on this side of the Potomac. I hope your not plowing in PG county. I know enough about MD to know getn ccw is next to immpossible. And they WILL put you in jail if they catch you. I don't know about the bear spray etc. Take what you want from this but if I get pulled over in MD being a ccw holder they'll know when they run my tags , and if I'm carrying Ill go to jail. Since your not a ccw holder they probably wouldn't have a reason to ask or to search, unless you do something really stupid. Good luck bro

6. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

yes sir.. pg county,
    and the little story was in pg county..

im honestly thinking about all of the above. it will only been during a really bad snow storm, will NOT be doing anything stupid.
    im a 19 year ol white boy, from the county of HUNTINGtown..
    im no where near a punk.
    just love making my money

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Last year the Memphis chief of police was on the radio during one of our not so common winter weather situations, being a lot of snow, single digit temps, doesn't happen that much around here and when it does it usually doesn't last long, but this one lasted about a week. He said it appears to him that temperature has a direct effect on crime, as memphis went almost 4 days straight with no crimes reported.
    Just thought you could appreciate the humor in that considering your situation.

8. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

HAHA- now thats funny!!!!

wish it was true though haha!

9. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

You might want to reevaluate your decision. It might be hard to
    spend that money if 1) You're in jail 2) In a coma 3) Dead.

10. 1stMarine

1stMarine New Member

If you have the right paperwork and such id carry a long gun like a 12 ga in the truck more to discourage something like a car/truck jacking and a ccw on me in case I can't get to the long gun. I live in MD as well in Bel Air, and I know how difficult it can sometimes be to get ccw here.

Never Forget.