sniper type scope for Ar

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Crazycastor, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

I'm looking for a sniper scope for my Ar15 that will be shooting .223 rounds. I'm wanting this to shoot out as far as possible with a 20 inch heavy barrel. I have two uppers, 1 in 7 twist and 1 in 9 twist. I'm wanting a dedicated scope built for the .223/5.56 rounds. I have heard there is one built strictly for the Ar15 platform and comes with a program for your computer that gives you estimates on your reloads and factory ammo. Anyone heard of such an animal?

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Nikon makes the p-223 & m-223 series which are good. I have a fixed 6X power from primary arms that is made for the .223. I really like it.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

So, what exactly is a "sniper type scope"? Just a silly label some company advertising exec or mall ninja attached to an item. There really is no such thing.

I presume you are looking for a magnified optic that has easy to use drop compensation of some sort? The Nikons mentioned above are really nice, but what is your actual end use?

4. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Any BDC type reticle will work for your AR, just depends on what you want to really do with it. The factory tests with the dots elevations will differentiate with your own barrel. So what you will have to do is go to a gun range and sight in your rifle with each dot on the reticle to know excactly what yardage they will be zeroed at. And test, test, test.