Sniper rifle photos

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by sniper762, Feb 21, 2012.

1. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

PER SUGGESTION BY SNIPER03......I'LL START

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll63/sniper762/GUNS/M1D.jpg

M1D Garand cal. 30-06 semi-automatic eight shot top loading clip fed Springfield Armory rifle. This rifle also came from DCM at a cost of $650.00. It was the designated “Sniper rifle” that was issued during the Korean War. It has the scope, cheek piece and, M2 flash suppressor that Was issued with it. It is topped with a Libby-Owens-Ford manufactured M82 2.5 power scope. The Rifle appears to be unfired or arsenal refinished. The scope, cheekpad and M2 flash hider were new in Wrappers. I assembled it, zeroed it and fired about 10 rounds and that’s all its been used. I also have the USGI M5A1bayonet M10 scabbard and winter trigger conversion.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll63/sniper762/GUNS/M212.jpg

M14 (M1A) caliber .308 (7.62mm x 51) full or semi-auto magazine fed rifle. This rifle was standard issue for the Viet Nam war soldiers. Mine was built by me as a semi-auto only Civilian M1A version with a Sako light weight national match barrel and a Springfield Armory receiver. It was glass bedded into a military walnut stock by a NCNG Match armorer. I used it in many civilian National Matches. Later, I topped it with an original Leatherwood ART II scope and added an original M2 bipod to use it in the NCNG Sniper competitions as a M21 SWS (Sniper Weapon System). It shot well (1 minute angle), but did not Hold its zero when the scope was taken off and re-attached ( mandatory for sniper matches). I have the GI AN/PVS-2 Night Vision Scope that was used on this rifle during the Viet Nam Era. I also have the USGI M6 bayonet and M10 scabbard

2. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

Those are nice rifles!

Mine is not a sniper rifle but is about as close as I'm going to get to an M24 (at least for now!). Its a Remington 5R with a 24" mil spec barrel. I haven't been able to make myself paint it yet, but it's coming. Right now it's got a Burris 4.5 x 14 x 42 Fullfield II E1, and the gun can definitely shoot better than I can.

5R.jpg

3. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll63/sniper762/GUNS/MAUSER.jpg

Mauser .308 caliber bolt action rifle. I built this gun for long range shooting. I bought a unused Argentina 1935 action and fitted it with a Parker Hale 26 inch .308 bull barrel. It was pillar bedded and barrel free floated into a Bell and Carson composite stock. It has a Timney match trigger and is topped with a BSA mil-dot illuminated reticule 6-24 x 50mm scope. I used it to drop groundhogs at 500 yards and competed with it in several F-Class long range matches. It has zeroes for 100-1000 yards and is quite accurate. I have shot a 196 out of a possible 200 at 600 yards and a 184 out of 200 at 1000 using M852 Military Match ammo. Complete build =$450

4. plumbernater

plumbernater New Member

My uncle sent this back from WW2 and gave it to my dad, now I have it. Its a mauser 8mm, sporterized in Germany, taken from a killed sniper. the scope is an OIGEE Berlin, and still in good shape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Seriously!:D
    [​IMG]

Sold this one.
    [​IMG]
    Top one belongs to a member here now.
    [​IMG]

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Send me some close ups of the scope. It looks to be post war.

7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Good looking iron you have there guy's.