*Sniffle*

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by AusLach, Apr 6, 2011.

1. AusLach

AusLach New Member

[​IMG]
    US Rifle SMITH Ent. M14
    308win 20 Shot Category D
    Springfield Cluster Rail, Magpul Front Grip
    Sure Fire Scout LED Torch
    Eotech Law Enforcement Circle X Scope
    As New $11990 :eek:

I'm just going to go find a quiet spot by myself and have a little cry I think :(

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

prolly a sear gun. during my search for a M16 ive run across two main types. you can normally tell by the price whether its a registered reciever or just a registered sear. 11k$ range M14s ive always seen are just registered sears.

i came across one registered reciever M14 at 19,000$

3. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Please excuse my ignorance Jon, but sear gun??

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I'm with you Aus. Just saw a Saiga 7.62 NEW for under $700! Ain't got that either!! :(

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

full auto. registered sear. 11k$ is the typical asking price and a M14 is a full auto weapon. i cant imagine a semi auto only firearm will hit 11,000$.

a sear gun is a semi-auto that has been converted to select fire with the registered part being the auto-sear itself. thoe arent as desirable as a registered reciever and usually its around half the price of a select fire registered reciever.

if you break wear down or lose the sear on a registered reciever gun you can just buy a new one for a few$ and replace it. if the sear itself is the registered NFA part you cant replace it on loss or damage.

so from your info given above and the description and price im assuming thats a NFA firearm due mainly to price.

6. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Thanks for the explaination but this is an Australian ad, so what you see is what you get. A regular old semi-auto only M1A for near-on $12,000. If you're so inclined you may also purchase a good conditioned Colt AR-15 for $18,000 and a NIB Remmy R-25 will set you back $21,000.. :eek::mad::eek:

Now doesn't that just make you wanna move here straight away!? :rolleyes:

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

oh ya you guys are worse off than us. cuz thats the price range for automatics here. i cant believe semis are bringing that!!

you have my condolences.

a similar gun to that here is about 1200$

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Can you import guns for personal use Aus? You can get a new Springfield M1A for under 2k or a pretty nice M1 Garand for around $700. here.

...Or can you be gifted a gun?

9. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Unfortunately not CA, an individual cannot import a gun for personal use. Even if I could, a 'Category D' licence would then be required to register it to me, which is only obtainable if you are able to prove that your main stream of income comes from professional shooting (by way of Stat Dec from accountant etc).

Here's a table of our ridiculous licencing laws:
    Genuine Reasons Table
    I've got an A/B licence, even to own a 'Cat C' I'd have to own at least 1000 acres and have proof of a significant pest problem :mad:

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Aw geez, that sucks Aus. :(

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For those that have not tried it, EXPORTING a firearm FROM the US is also a regular 3 ring circus- and same applies for scopes, etc. Must have an export PERMIT. Friend donated an Australian made .303 Enfield to a museum IN Australia- had to get the services of an import/export dealer to do the deed.

FWIW, the one I would love to have is an M14M. There were a dozen or so M14s that were coverted to semi, and papered by the BATFE as SEMIs before the BATFE reversed its position. IIRC, they went thru the Dept of Civilian Marksmanship.

12. AusLach

AusLach New Member

It does. I've just gotta make do with what I've got but that doesn't mean I can't dream of what I'd have if I were over there!

Here would be my very first purchase...
    [​IMG]
    I know I'd need a tax stamp for the suppressor AND for the SBR, as well as the fact that the round's abilities haven't really been tested but just looking at that rifle gives me the shivers..
    :cool:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Hahn Machine converted some based on re-welded demilled receivers. They are the only papered, legal USGI semi autos that were commercially available. Mike Kelley (MKS) tried to do the same, and got in a pile of trouble.

I'm not familiar with CMP M14Ms, but would like to meet one.:D

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Well, Aus, when you come to the US for a visit, you can fire my SEI M14 all you want.:D

[​IMG]

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

AUS I just shed a tear for you my man.

16. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I hope you realise that I'm taking it with me when I leave too :p

Thanks brother.

17. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Sheesh it's probably cheaper to move here.....hint hint :cool:

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Aw come on Aus. Y'all make $300 an hour. Right? 18K is relative.

19. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Ha! Sure man, I'm not actually a struggling college student, but a QC for one of Sydney's biggest law firms.

Had you all fooled didn't I?! :p

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Aus is showing us the price of a SEMI AUTO in his fair land.

We need to adopt you Aus, get you to the Land of the Big PX and let you have all sorts of toys to play with.

I feel for you brother. That is just plain extortion for you guys. :mad:

JD