Snake story.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bigbomar4, Dec 15, 2011.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I dont know what reminded me of this but I have been laughing about it all day. The summer before last I was up at my parents farm house in the TX panhandle. It was a Sunday morning and my mom was doin the laundry. She said that the drier made a funny noise like the belt came off and then quit. Me being the good son that I am decided that I would try and fix it for her. I pulled the drier out a little and climbed back behind it. I was now pinned between the washer, drier and the extra fridge. I pulled the back cover off and every thing looked normal. I told my dad to turn it on and as soon as he did a very large cotton mouth looking snake slithered out the back of the drier. I have never jumped that high in my life. I didnt touch anything and cleared the washer. My dad was on top of the washer almost as fast. Then we realized it was just a bull snake. It was one of the most needlesly scared moments I have ever had in my life and I cant quit laughing about it.

Just thought I would share so maybe yall could get a laugh too.

2. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Thats pretty funny :), I was going out on a forest preserve walking with my girl, in Illinois. We were just sitting under a huge tree for a bit like we always do. A snake fell off a branch and landed right on her foot. You can't imagine how fast i stood up and kicked the snake, while my girlfriend was literally climbing up me. then realized it was a freaking timber rattlesnake...it was around the thickness of my wrist. Luckily we were both wearing boots and heavy clothing, and the kick stunned it and it just lay there, while we were running faster than Usain Bolt. :) Still gives me chills

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rH90Njbn0k[/ame]

^thats the forest preserve :)

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

If that had me there would be a few new holes in the floor...i know this cuz i put 2 .45 acp hole in my aunts floor moving in the dryer she bought at an auction for $35. There was two baby timber rattlers in it. She laughed until she realized what they were. Then she made me and my uncle drag it back out side and get rid of the uninvited and dang sure unwanted guests. In the end there was 7 snakes in there. The biggest one was about 4 1/2' long after i shot it right behind the head with a 22 mag loaded with winchester jhp. It was about baseball size in diameter. The other big one was bout 3'. They others were newly born off spring. Needless to say my aunt doesnt mind the holes considerin my at the time 3 year cousin was about 6' away coming to me.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I was sitting on my front porch in a rocking chair (back when I had a front porch and a rocking chair) and talking on the phone with my sister and minding my own business, I had a baby snake come out from under the chair and slither right between my feet.

I am not afraid of snakes, but I don't want to be surprised like that either. I almost crapped my pants. It looked like a baby rattle snake, even had a small little bud on the tip of his tail.

Talk about needlessly scared! After a little research I discovered it was a type of king snake and the bud was just a freak anomaly.

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I dont care it would still died. I HATE SNAKES almost as much as i do tree huggin peta hippies.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

How do you think I was doing the research? Holding on to a live, suspected rattlesnake? Hell no!

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ever hear of a jar or bucket? Trash cans with lids works also. Anything that spits lead works even better though

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

The heel of my boot worked nicely :)

I was scared to try to jump up and move, so I just stomped on his head

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The only good snake is a dead snake!

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Agreed

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Disagree.

All snakes are good but poisonous ones are not desireable around the living areas. Snakes eat rats, mice, gophers, etc, but they don't eat humans and they don't cause nearly as much destruction as all of the previously mentioned varmints (including humans).

Several years ago I went into the shipping container where I store one of my tractors and turned over a piece of plywood outside of the door there was a dozen six-inch long baby rattlers underneath. It was pretty cool that day so they were hardly moving. I took a shovel and started scooping them into the gravel road so I could get them all. The gravel road was in the sun and as soon as they hit it and warmed up a bit each one started going off a string of firecrackers, striking and biting at the air in rapid-fire. :eek::eek:

Two weeks later the Momma snake was coiled up on the seat of the tractor. I cut her head off and threw her in the back of the truck to bring home to show the boys. Three hours later I went to get her out of the truck the headless body was still writhing and the bodiless head was still opening and closing its mouth. It served its purpose though and the boys know what a rattler looks like.

The next day I brought it to work and put in in one of my toolbox drawers, all coiled up with the head placed just right like it was going to strike whomever opened the drawer, rattles sticking out and all. I scared the crap out of some of my co-workers with it (they were all used to my shenanigans and laughed about it) and then my manager came up and asked for something, I told him "top left hand drawer, get it yourself" (this is a guy who I never, ever trusted)

He opened the drawer and saw the snake and danged near had a heart attack. Hilarious!:D

On hindsight it would have been much funnier if he did have a heart attack. At least then we could have all looked over him asking if he needed help while precious minutes ticked away. Nobody liked that SOB.

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thats really mean but funny.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That amazing about the headless snake. Don't they say a snake doesn't die until sunset.......maybe it's true. :cool:

And........that's terrible what you said about your boss. Though I did have a boss that I would have done the same if he had a heart attack.

14. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I still hate bull snakes, never had an encounter like that though.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I hate the snakes that slither around on their bellies, i dont like them at all. They all bite

16. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't mind the OBVIOUS king snakes and garter snakes or any of the indoor/pet snakes, but anything with that arrow head or rattles is reptila non-grata.

They are good easy-care pets though; eat about once a week & a half with pooping soon to follow. Not usually good with other pets.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Every snake that has ever graced my presence doesnt eat much either.they just lay outside and get stiff... :)