Snake loads

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by chlogeo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

I live in the Deep South where we have
    a lot of poisonous snakes. Question; can I use snake loads in my G30? Glock advises to never use Lead. And, will these pellet rounds harm my barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

2. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

I would go with what Glock recommends.

3. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

Thanks Jeeper, will follow your and Glocks advise and simply carry a large stick of dynamite !

4. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I gotta g 30 and won't shoot lead. Won't even think about it. Just be a better shot! Lol

5. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Or just use a shotgun...wait, this is a glock thread.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Or buy some crappy old police trade-in revolver for the snake shot. I saw a bunch of Taurus 85's or something like that at that J&G Sales site the other day, don't recall how cheap.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Shoot the damn snake shot out of it, its not like your doing hard core range time with it.

How often do you think you might shoot more than one or two snake loads before cleaning?

If you need to shoot a snake, go ahead, just clean the lead fouling out of the barrel when you get home.

Contrary to the owner's manual, you can actually shoot cast lead bullets out of a GLOCK. Just in very minimal amounts, and DO NOT follow with jacketed rounds without first cleaning EVERY BIT of the lead fouling from the barrel.

The reason cast lead isn't supposed to go through a GLOCK is because of the octagonal rifling that GLOCK uses. Lead is soft (as you know, I'm sure) and builds up in the rifling. It must be cleaned out or you risk a barrel rupture.

A couple of rounds of snake shot through your GLOCK isn't going to hurt you or your gun. Just clean the hell out of it.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'd get a revolver. That's probably the best application you could come up with for a Judge.

10. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

Did I mention we also have Green Anacondas that are at least 60 feet long with a girth of 48 inches. Me thinks I will stick with the Dy No Mite.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Methinks I'd freaking move.

12. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Here's an idea, leave the snake alone an it'll do the same to you. And just to clear things up, there is no such thing as a poisonous snake. They're venomous.

No you don't.

-Fred

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Four foot girth? My last snake's mother was 20' and 400 pounds and a regular breeder, and she was nowhere near that thick. Speck never got bigger than my bicep (on a good day) and he was 8.5' when i had to sell him.

I find 48" girth as hard to believe as the 60' length, unless you just fed it a cow.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Guys, I think its supposed to be a joke. I lol'd.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Hmmph! A real man never jokes about the size of his snake.
    :p

Edit* wouldn't a venomous snake also be "poisonous" if you ate the venom glands? ;)
    {wonders at the wisdom of that sake with the snake venom in it}

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  16. trip286

trip286 New Member

*face palm* :)

17. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Not unless you have an ulcer or something. Venom has to get in the bloodstream to do its thing. Poison can be absorbed through your digestive system.

-Fred

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Even the neurotoxins of snakes like the coral snake? I didn't think it was all about the bloodstream there.

19. Sniper75

Sniper75 New Member

I have used snake loads in my glock 23 and I haven't noticed any damage or pitting to my barrel. But I have only shot maybe 10-15 rnds though it

20. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Yeah. To my knowledge, any snake that's venomous has to get the venom in your bloodstream.

-Fred