Snagged another great deal

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Txhillbilly, May 21, 2011.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

My buddy that owns the local gun shop came by the house a couple days ago,to return my dolly that he borrowed to move a safe.
    He said-Hey,I got another Savage for you. I said-Thanks,Like I need another one.
    Anyway,he said someone brought in a Savage 12 FLV in .308,and he bought it.He knows I shoot Left Handed,and usually will buy any that come his way.

The 12 FLV is a 26"heavy barreled,polished blued finish,with a LH action,and the Accutrigger.It also has a synthetic stock,but it is just a throw a way piece of plastic,they are very flimsy,and not very stable to shoot off of with a bipod.I always replace them with an aftermarket stock.

I went to the shop and picked it up today,It also had a Bushnell Banner 3x9 scope,with Weaver rings and 2 pc bases on it.
    I took the scope and rings off at the shop and sold them to a customer there for $20.
    This rifle hasn't been shot much,it looks brand new,with an excellent bore.The bolt face is spotless.

When I got it home,I took it out of the stock and cleaned everything up,adjusted the Accutrigger to my liking,and then ran a few patches thru the bore.A couple wet ones,and around 8 dry,it was clean.
    I then mounted a Redfield 3-12x44 scope,and some Leupold rings that I had in a box out in the shop,and bore sighted the scope.

Paid $360 for it -$20 for selling the scope = $340 for what should be a Tack driving rifle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Looks great, but the bolt is on the wrong side. :eek:

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

He just reversed the negative so we would think he's left handed!

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense, because nobody would buy a rifle with the bolt on the wrong side.

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Yep, just a freek that is cross eyed!

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

That would be perfect for your older Swarovski......!?

7. Txhillbilly

No,I'll have to get another Sightron SIII for it.I really like those scopes.

And for the rest of you Clowns-I kinda like having different sided guns.They shoot better!

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Thats better...

That was really messing with my mind man... :confused:

Attached Files:

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Can I have it then? :eek:

10. Txhillbilly

That just isn't right,messing with a man's gun!:p

11. Txhillbilly

Update-

I bought a new laminated stock from Numrich Gun Parts.It's a New factory Savage Target stock.It really changed the way the gun looks,and the ergo's are a lot better for the shooter.
    I've also decided to transfer the Sawrovski scope from my 300WM to this rifle. I'm just waiting on the 1pc Picatinny base to arrive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Very sexy THB, how does she shoot?? I shot the Accu-trigger last weekend on a mate's .17, jeez they're nice! I wish it were available as an aftermarket part for my Weatherby :p

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

LOVE that stock.

14. Txhillbilly

Auslach,I've only shot this rifle once,right after I got it.With the factory composite stock,it didn't shoot very well.Too much flex in the stock.
    Unless you get an Accustocked Savage,all the other factory plastic stocks suck.
    It should shoot as good as my 10 FCP now,I'm going to try to go to the range Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

M14sRock,Numrich has these in stock for RH also.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

What do they run? That would be a great stock for my .223.

16. Txhillbilly

It was 169.95,if I remember correctly.
    They also have the factory pillar bedding in them.
    You will need a longer front action screw.I always just cut one to size from all the extra ones I have from building bikes.

17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Cheaper than the B&C I have been thinking about.