Smokin' Deal

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Fatso, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Fatso

Fatso New Member

Not sure if this counts as advertising, seeing as though I don't own the business. Saw a good deal in my area and thought I'd pass it along. Great gun store, this is where I do my shopping..

Good, affordable first rifle for people wanting to get into the AR platform.
    [​IMG]

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Not a bad price for the Sport but too bad it's a ban neutered version. Guess that's how it goes in CT though... even a Colt :(

3. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

i feel as if its the "you pay for what you get" kinda deal..

4. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

Besides the magazine, what else makes it neutered? I'm a newbie to ARs and I live in a free state.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The stock is pinned and it probably has a bullet button.

And no muzzle device.

6. Fatso

Fatso New Member

Maybe I should have titled the thread "Good deal for Anti-Gun States"

Does anyone know where I can get that exact front sight? I can't find it anywhere. I'm not happy with the front sight I have now and want a more "traditional" model like that one.

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Front sight appears to be a modified A2 style sans bayo lug, another evil assault weapon feature. Midway and most other retailers will carry it or something similar.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

JPyle is right on - so be careful ordering an A2 FSB that has the bayonet lug. Definitely illegal in a ban state and one of those things that a vendor could accidentally sell you now and would bite you later if someone noticed.

You also should be aware that the A2 FSB comes in the original A2 height and current F-height (for flat top). Get the latter unless your AR uses a commercial height/A2 rear sight and/or has an A2 upper.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

for NY 10rnd mag, stock should be set. none collapsible, it can have either a baynet lug, or a muzzle break, but not both. the one pictured looks like it has neither

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well that's interesting... I'd sure rather have the brake than bayonet lug. But that may be NY law instead of CT? Looks like it's time to make sure what CT law says.

11. Fatso

Fatso New Member

Thanks for the responses. Now some of you see what we have to deal with in ban states! Thanks for the heads up on midway too JPyle, they had exacty what I was looking for, sold out, but there nonetheless.

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yes sir. that is what i chose too. like when am i going to use that bayonet lug except when zombies arrive