Smith & wesson

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by face1ess, Feb 8, 2012.

1. face1ess

face1ess New Member

Just purchased a smith & Wesson m&p 15 moe. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet was just wondering if anyone had enough experience with them to let me know of any issues I should look out for. Thank you ahead of time

2. iloveguns21

iloveguns21 New Member

I have a mp-15 and love it. I have put around 1000 rounds through it and haven't had any problems with it.

3. face1ess

face1ess New Member

Good. I'm excited. Thanks for the input

4. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

I have an S&W M&P 15MOE also and it's been great. I've only put about 400 rounds through it but I haven't had any problems not a single misfeed or failure to fire.

5. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Clean your weapon before you shoot it the first time. Especially the bore and chamber. I don't know if anyone told you that when you got it but that packing greasy stuff that ship it in can cause stuck cases in your chamber.

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Wouldn't have been more productive to have asked this question before making the purchase?

The S&W can be brought up to speed fairly easy. There's a good thread covering this on another forum. Check for proper staking on the castle nut and BCG. A MOAK caremedydy these short comings.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

What is that? :confused:

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

A MOAK can remedy... Learning this new phone.

10. face1ess

face1ess New Member

Would have bought the rifle anyway as I am a fan of S&W products was just looking for an experienced heads up. And yes the castle nut and gas key are properly staked. Thanx

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Nothing wrong w/ S&W. I am actually excitted about a couple of their upcoming ARs. They are deffinately the better of the middle of the road ARs and it appears they are trying to produce some great ARs as of late.