Smith & Wesson summer rebate/rewards is....

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by hawkguy, Oct 30, 2017.

1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

...outstandingly SLLOOOWWWW......

now, my S&W firearms have been quality thus far...no complaints. and when I got a great deal ($100 off on sale, 100+ off on gift cards) on a M&P shield....I was blown away by the promotion offer of the ammo, extra mags, and mag charger. amazing deal, probably the best deal I have ever pulled off.

but they said 10-12 weeks....its been 12+.....now they are saying 2 more weeks.

great promotion, poor execution imo. IF I get the products, I suppose it is a minor gripe....but its getting old waiting so long. real old. difficult for me to understand how anything could be THIS slow.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  2. youngridge

youngridge Active Member Supporter

Agreed. The CAI one that I got this summer was really fast.....the S&W not so much.

hawkguy likes this.

3. troyquethes

troyquethes New Member

They have good guns imo.

4. hawkguy

and.......STILLLL WAAIITTIIINGG.........:mad:

youngridge likes this.
  5. hawkguy

please re-read post #1....I agree they make good guns, at least in my experience.

this thread is about their summer promotions program...which is POORLY handled imo. a GREAT promotion....but imo, very poorly executed. I am WAY over the 10-12 weeks they said it would take.

guess i'll call....AGAIN. they obviously were not ready for the response to the promotion. I was so excited about this....but waiting 1 month MORE than the ludicrous 3 month wait prediction....its just silly at this point.

youngridge and Dallas53 like this.
  6. hawkguy

update....told 2 weeks ago, it would be 2 weeks....told today, it will be another 2 weeks.

I stand by my original assessment....S&W summer promo service is terrible!

7. AZdave

AZdave Well-Known Member

Next time ask them which next two weeks.

Hope you get it soon.

hawkguy likes this.
  8. hawkguy

LMAO! you have to laugh at this point.....it just keeps getting "better."

so I finally get tracking notice that these promotion items will arrive. depending on if you go from when I sent this out or when they received it....total time to get it was 16-18 weeks (promo said 10-12 weeks). well. that sucks by itself....BUT

I saw the tracking info a bit late & realized the wrong address was on it. it was too late to change that, so now I have to drive 20 miles to a pick up destination.....wow, the cherry on top of this poop pile.

I will call S&W and report my issues. I will report back here and let you know how they respond to my complaints on their handling of this promotion.

9. AZdave

AZdave Well-Known Member

I was recently talking to a friend. He said he refused a black Friday special on a gun just because the price was lower because of rebate.

Most of this year end rebates are from companies that want to increase their bottom line this year.

Unless you are willing to wait half again the refund period, don't go for the rebates. I feel your pain from a cell phone rebate.

But it does help to fill out every thing they want. ;)

10. hawkguy

"Hawkguy-I saw the tracking info a bit late & realized the wrong address was on it."

I see that I explained that wrong. I put the correct address on the form. S&W must have typed it wrong as they missed a number on the street address. another failure on THEIR part. now I get a bonus 40 mile round trip for their screw up.

i'll have a word with smith & Wesson. i'll report how that goes.

AZdave likes this.
  11. AZdave

AZdave Well-Known Member

Yes My neighbor 2 doors down got my wife's Christmas package. She also entered the correct address. So I know that can happen.

hawkguy likes this.
  12. hawkguy

well, finally picked up the promotion package.

i'll again admit....it was a helluva deal. after a sale & CC promotions, I paid 250 for the shield and got 2 extra mags, 2 boxes of premium ammo, and a caldwell mag charger. from my estimates, that's about a $140-150 deal on top of a very cheap, yet quality pistol.

I still say....amazing promo....crappy execution of the promo. if I am still mad, i'll call S&W CS in a few days and see how they respond.

AZdave likes this.
  13. AZdave

AZdave Well-Known Member

It does sound like a good deal.
    Enjoy!

hawkguy likes this.