smith&wesson sd9ve

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by juststartin5272, Jun 20, 2012.

1. juststartin5272

juststartin5272 New Member

Anyone shot one yet. Better than the sigma?

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

As the owner of "The Worlds Greatest Sigma" I would say nothing is better.

Now, as for your question it is slightly better. Has similar ergonomics, but if you are really interested you may any to spend some more and go with the M&P 9 and get the Apex trigger enhancment.

Now my head hurts. Look at me being helpful.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I thought that the sd9ve was a Sigma?

4. cj84

cj84 New Member

I sold my sigma it was ok to plink around with but that's about it

5. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Sigma's are SW9VE. Think the 40 is SW40VE.

6. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Can I respectfully why its the worlds best Sigma?

7. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

because its his, and he likes to chap the glock fanboys ***, slacker.

8. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Lmao man you got a mouth on you boy.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

So if I understand correctly, the sd9ve is a sigma, and the sd40ve is a sigma.
    So how could they be better than a Sigma?

(I know that Shihan has the World's Best Sigma. I tried to compare mine to his and found out that his is better than mine because he owns his and I don't own his. I own mine, which he doesn't own, but that's okay cuz he owns the World's Best Sigma. One day, I will own the World's Best Sigma.)

10. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Much better answer lol

11. Shihan

It is "The Worlds Greatest" let's get it correct. I believe the OP was refering to the SD9, at least that was my understanding.

If you were to shoot TWGS you would understand.

Glock sucks compared to the Sigma.

12. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

The SD line was discontinued as of April and the new SD VE line was introduced. My dealer tells me the Sigma will be most likely discontinued by years end. The new SD is only $15-20 more than the Sigma and has much better trigger!! Heres mine I just picked up..,

image-1904988755.jpg

13. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Note my g34 I'm avatar. I'm balls deep in glock coolaide.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Haha.....I was going to correct you here but I see Shihan beat me to it. His Sigma is The World's Greatest Sigma. So, in that case. you are free to buy and own The World's Best Sigma.

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Owned a Sigma in .40 and it was one of the worse guns I've ever owned. The trigger was heavy, gritty, and had a lot of creep. One of the few guns that I have no remorse for selling. Some people love them and some people hate them. I have nothing positive to say about the one I owned.

16. Shihan

That coming from a guy that took the time to customize a Taurus.

17. Shihan

Let's see how a real man handles a Sigma trigger.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBtv8OrC940&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

He's nine.

18. cj84

cj84 New Member

I tried changing springs and polished everything up and it still wasn't any good sold it and bought a new glock

19. Olympus

Olympus New Member

No need to get smart about it. If you like it, that's great. But if ruffles your feathers and makes you feel like you need to make comments about someone else's gun, the problem isn't likely the gun. Everybody has their own opinions and they won't always fall in line with yours. Try respecting people's difference of opinion instead of making smart comments about others guns.

What you think about my gun makes absolutely no difference to me. People have negative things to say about Taurus on a daily basis. But I don't feel the need to make snide comments to everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion or like my guns. Agree or disagree makes no difference, but snide comments when someone disagrees is surely immature and disrespectful.

20. KLR

KLR New Member

The only thing in common between the Sigma VE and the SD VE is the "VE". Frames, slides and trigger assemblies are different.

The difference between the original SD and the SD VE is the lack of black/melonite slide and a front night sight on the latter.

KLR