Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,639 Posts
As the owner of "The Worlds Greatest Sigma" I would say nothing is better.

Now, as for your question it is slightly better. Has similar ergonomics, but if you are really interested you may any to spend some more and go with the M&P 9 and get the Apex trigger enhancment.

Now my head hurts. Look at me being helpful.
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
13,579 Posts
I thought that the sd9ve was a Sigma?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Shihan said:
As the owner of "The Worlds Greatest Sigma" I would say nothing is better.

Now, as for your question it is slightly better. Has similar ergonomics, but if you are really interested you may any to spend some more and go with the M&P 9 and get the Apex trigger enhancment.

Now my head hurts. Look at me being helpful.
Can I respectfully why its the worlds best Sigma?
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
13,579 Posts
So if I understand correctly, the sd9ve is a sigma, and the sd40ve is a sigma.
So how could they be better than a Sigma?

(I know that Shihan has the World's Best Sigma. I tried to compare mine to his and found out that his is better than mine because he owns his and I don't own his. I own mine, which he doesn't own, but that's okay cuz he owns the World's Best Sigma. One day, I will own the World's Best Sigma.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
danf_fl said:
So if I understand correctly, the sd9ve is a sigma, and the sd40ve is a sigma.
So how could they be better than a Sigma?

(I know that Shihan has the World's Best Sigma. I tried to compare mine to his and found out that his is better than mine because he owns his and I don't own his. I own mine, which he doesn't own, but that's okay cuz he owns the World's Best Sigma. One day, I will own the World's Best Sigma.)
Much better answer lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,639 Posts
It is "The Worlds Greatest" let's get it correct. I believe the OP was refering to the SD9, at least that was my understanding.

If you were to shoot TWGS you would understand.

Glock sucks compared to the Sigma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Shihan said:
It is "The Worlds Greatest" let's get it correct. I believe the OP was refering to the SD9, at least that was my understanding.

If you were to shoot TWGS you would understand.

Glock sucks compared to the Sigma.
The SD line was discontinued as of April and the new SD VE line was introduced. My dealer tells me the Sigma will be most likely discontinued by years end. The new SD is only $15-20 more than the Sigma and has much better trigger!! Heres mine I just picked up..,

image-1904988755.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Joined
·
34,285 Posts
So if I understand correctly, the sd9ve is a sigma, and the sd40ve is a sigma.
So how could they be better than a Sigma?

(I know that Shihan has the World's Best Sigma. I tried to compare mine to his and found out that his is better than mine because he owns his and I don't own his. I own mine, which he doesn't own, but that's okay cuz he owns the World's Best Sigma. One day, I will own the World's Best Sigma.)
Haha.....I was going to correct you here but I see Shihan beat me to it. His Sigma is The World's Greatest Sigma. So, in that case. you are free to buy and own The World's Best Sigma.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,292 Posts
Owned a Sigma in .40 and it was one of the worse guns I've ever owned. The trigger was heavy, gritty, and had a lot of creep. One of the few guns that I have no remorse for selling. Some people love them and some people hate them. I have nothing positive to say about the one I owned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I tried changing springs and polished everything up and it still wasn't any good sold it and bought a new glock
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,292 Posts
Shihan said:
That coming from a guy that took the time to customize a Taurus.
No need to get smart about it. If you like it, that's great. But if ruffles your feathers and makes you feel like you need to make comments about someone else's gun, the problem isn't likely the gun. Everybody has their own opinions and they won't always fall in line with yours. Try respecting people's difference of opinion instead of making smart comments about others guns.

What you think about my gun makes absolutely no difference to me. People have negative things to say about Taurus on a daily basis. But I don't feel the need to make snide comments to everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion or like my guns. Agree or disagree makes no difference, but snide comments when someone disagrees is surely immature and disrespectful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
The only thing in common between the Sigma VE and the SD VE is the "VE". Frames, slides and trigger assemblies are different.

The difference between the original SD and the SD VE is the lack of black/melonite slide and a front night sight on the latter.

KLR
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top