Smith&wesson or glock 9mm?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Keginth28, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Me personally, I love the smith and Wesson, bc it's accurate and it fits my hand great, I don't like the glocks bc they r hard to get use too and you have to adjust a lot for aiming! What do you think?

2. retusarmy

retusarmy New Member

Beretta M 9 first, then my Glock 19, I owned a S&W Sigma then sold it...just couldn't get use to it.

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Glock 19 for me

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You've answered you're own question. You just said the M&P fits your hand better and you find it easier to aim then the Glock....what's keeping you from buying the M&P?

FWIW, when talking polymer I go for an XD everytime.

5. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I have both...go with the one that feels best because they're both great guns

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

If you like the S&W go for it. Myself, I like the Glock 19 better but that's why there are so many good brands and models out there.

7. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

The Glock guys like to say the M&P is a Glock rip-off so i'll just say it's a "Glock" with much much better ergonomics IMO. I absolutely love my M&P 40, thing fits like a freaken glove :cool:

Oh and that lifetime warranty ain't a bad deal either ;)

8. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

So I am comparing the two as well and haven't fired the 17 yet but loved the SW MP 9.

What would you say are the negatives of the SW over the Glock and vice versa. I agree shot what you like best. Let's say it is a tie - what are the objective differences? THANKS!

9. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

Well I'm not trying to be a smart guy but if you love the S&W for all the reasons that you stated and you dislike the Glock for all the reasons that you stated, then what does it matter what I think, because it will be of no value to you. You have already made up your mind but if you want to know which gun I like then I must say I would choose any Glock over any S&W semi auto but I am partial to the Glock and I own 4 of them. I hope this will help you but I doubt it.:confused:

10. glock1911

glock1911 New Member

I own the glock 27 and my buddy owns a m&p40c and both of us shoot better with the m&p.... If I could trade I'd take the s&w

11. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Glock: is lighter, has a longer history/service record, Hexagonal rifling, .1" longer sight radius, .1" narrower, GEN4's have interchangeable backstraps/dual recoil springs, and a 5.5 lb trigger pull
    M&P: standard rifling, "new kid on the block"-more and more LE agencies are starting to pick it up, beavertail, ambi slide release, convertible mag release, stainless slide and barrel, 6.5 lb trigger pull (i prefer the M&P trigger to the Glock YMMV), and a lifetime warranty.

Those are stats from their websites BTW

Both guns would be solid choices but in the end get out and handle both and choose what works best for you. In my case i went with the smithy because it fit my hand alot better and i prefered the trigger compared to the Glock.

12. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Thanks for ur opinion guys, I was just wondering if I was the only person who thought the s&w is a Lil better then the glock, but I still like the glock for carrying use more, bc of the safey, and I like the s&w for home protection bc my wife can shoot it.

13. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Beretta m 9 i have never shot before but I really want too, I heard there really accurate and they r sweet looking! I want one!

14. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

They r both great guns, no doubt about it, but I just wanted to see if I was the only one who liked the s&w more. Thats all bra

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Please explain what safty you are talking about on the glock.

16. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

image-861543778.jpg

This is what I meant by a safty.

17. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I don't think a bad guy is going to wait for you to reach for your keys and unlock your firearm. Glocks rely on the best safety as do some models of the M&P and that's the shooters brain. If you have a need for a safety, then a glock is not the firearm for you.

18. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Lol I know, I use the key for my safe box, not when I carry.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  19. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

I have a Glock 19. The M&P was one of several different pistols I I tried before deciding on the Glock. The Glock was the best fit for me personally and I love it :)

20. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Well no body's perfect ;)