Smith & Wesson Model 27-2

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by NHForester, May 11, 2018.

1. NHForester

NHForester New Member

Their flagship revolver.

This N serial was manufactured in 1974. It came to me with original box and paperwork. It left the factory with standard trigger and hammer and service Magnas but the previous owner changed them to target versions. The original hammer and trigger are in the box but unfortunately not the original grips. He did throw in the extra set of football targets, though. It’s easily 99%.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

3. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Is it any wonder as to why the Smith's of that era command the prices they do? The polish and bluing was done by masters back in those days.

NHForester likes this.
  4. Minorcan

Minorcan Active Member

Welcome to the forum and a very, very nice 27-2. Especially with all the original box, paper work and accessories. Looks to be a 5” pinned barrel and probably a recessed chamber. These are the best and to find one in new condition is a rare find in deed.

NHForester likes this.
  5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

NH
    First of all welcome to the Forum~
    That is a beautiful weapon and a fine Revolver in deed!
    As Minorcan stated and a S&W 5" which is also not that plentiful a find.
    Normally you will find the 6" and on occasion a 3 1/2" when locating a 27 S&W. Your picture with the Rose Wood Grips and Target Hammer and Trigger is just like my 27-2 in 5" which I carried as a young Deputy Sheriff. It was a beautiful Revolver and the Brown Basket Weave Holster and leather gear really set off its good looks! I still have one today but do wish I could find another set of Rose Wood Grips at a reasonable price and a Smooth N Frame 27 Target Trigger.
    You IMO have a "Jewel" there and a "Great Find"! Congrats!:) Send us a Range Report when you take her to the Range~!
    SUPER Pictures by the way!

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    NHForester likes this.
  6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That is a very nice wheel gun. Congrats! My problem with owning one that pretty is that I would be afraid to get it out of that original box.

7. NHForester

NHForester New Member

I understand the inclination. Normally, I would say that’s the wrong way to think about it and go ahead and shoot if since it’s been shot before. However, this is the nicest condition Smith I own and though it will get shot, it will probably be sparingly.

Ross82 likes this.
  8. Ross82

Ross82 Well-Known Member Supporter

She's beautiful!