smith@wesson 44mag

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by crazyman24, Jul 31, 2011.

1. crazyman24

crazyman24 New Member

I have a old smith and wesson 44 mags looks like clint east woods wondering what its worth

Attached Files:

2. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy New Member

His .44 had a longer barrel. I would find someone who does gun appraisals to see the value of the gun. I know new .44s can be a bit pricey. You might be shocked when you find out the value. Let me know when you find out the value.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Depends - first off swing the cylinder out & see what number is after the - (dash)
    Really need better discription & pics -

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Depends on your Model Number with dash and condition.

Your gun is what was called for in the original Dirty Harry script but was never used. See below;

Dirty Harry's M29

5. crazyman24

crazyman24 New Member

6. crazyman24

crazyman24 New Member

Sum more pics its hard for me to getthem my old lady don't like guns

Attached Files:

7. crazyman24

crazyman24 New Member

Pics of gun

Attached Files:

8. crazyman24

crazyman24 New Member

It's in pretty good condition as well

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A 29-2 has two different serial number prefixes, early production were S (1962-1969) and N (1970-1983). I need to know which to give you a value. Also need a condition %.

PM me with your SN and I can tell you the year it was built.

10. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

Dirty harry used two model 29-2 the one in the scenes was a 6.5 barrel and promotional pics and movie posters. Was a 8 3/8. Your gun is a four inch barrel 29-2 with target model cocabola grips.The solid checkering on the grips indicate it is a N serial number gun, The s series had a diamond in the center.
    The pictures look like it is in very good condition and worth around 900 dollars. With the box paper work and tools 1000 dollars.With a mahogany case and liners in good shape with tools 1050.

11. crazyman24

crazyman24 New Member

O ok thanks brother

12. MAGNUM44

MAGNUM44 New Member

target grips original N frame guns

Does anyone know where I can buy, a set of those M29 square target grips, that were on the original M29 gun's.? As S&W web site does not make them any more, etc.? :mad:

13. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

The grips on the gun in the pics on this thread are target grips.The thinner style are called magnas.You can find them on e-bay and any grips that are n-frame will fit. K frames will screw on but are to small. Make sure you buy for a N frame. Dont matter what model as long as its a N frame.
    You can also go over to smith and wesson forums and sighn up and you can post imediately in the classifieds and ask if any one has any. Many S&W collectors have numerous sets.
    The dash two was the longest running model in both the model 27 and 29. So the grips are common and easy to find.

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I hate to tell you this, but it's probably only worth about $50.00. But hey, I know it's hard to hear, but I'm such a nice guy, I'll pay you double what it's worth. So tell me where to send $100, and you can ship the gun to the shop up the street from me.

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that's just wrong! i'll give him twice your double what it's worth! and i'll drive over and pick it up.