Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum -

Did you get the Gunsite model? Or did you get the basic with the aluminum frame and steel slide?

Either one was a good choice. Depending on the price you paid, I would hope you got a good pistol for the price.

Normally I am not big on the steel slide, aluminum frame pistols, but the treatment on the aluminum of this stuff is supposed to be pretty strong. Something like a 440 steel or similiar, which is impressive.

I would be curious about the recoil. Lighter pistol, heavy load, how's the muzzle flip.

All in all, I think you probably got yourself a keeper, as long as you didn't get taken to the cleaners on the price. :D

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Nearly new, 6 mags for $850.00? Trigger job is sketchy, done by a pro ( tuned to street or competition, with trigger pull gauge ) would be great. If the trigger job was done in the garage by your brother's friend, well, it could go either way. *shrug* If the mags are decent quality ( 47D - something like that ), I would say you got yourself one hell of a good deal.

*thumbs up*

Looking forward to a range report as well.

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
If those be the facts, you got a really good deal. The Chip McCormicks go from about $13 to about $22, depending on where you are shopping, plus shipping.

Wilson Combat are the 47D I was talking about. Usually they go for $22, or higher, not to mention shipping.

Trigger job is an hour of shop time, $75/hr in my parts. I don't know what they charge up there in Alaska.

As a package I would have bought it, and I am a 1911 guy. :D

A proper street/carry trigger shouldn't have much slack at all, and then break like a glass rod around 3 to 4 pounds ( give or take depending on user and experience ).

Sounds like you definitely got a good deal. Now, get out to the range and get us a report and some pictures!

JD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts