Smith & Wesson 1020 Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by savagemic, Jun 17, 2010.

1. savagemic

savagemic New Member

I saw one of these the other day and I think i'm in love with it. I've never shot one and I've never even heard of it but it has my eye for some reason.

Can anyone shed some light on this gun?

2. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I've had a S&W 20ga model 1000 skeet for years--I believe the 1020 is now the designator for the model 1000 in 20ga. If it hasn't changed any, it is a Japanese made gas operated semi-auto--similar to the Rem 1100 except no O rings. The reciever was alloy except on the trap/skeet models where it was steel. Mine has functioned well over the years. I know they discountinued these in the late 90s, but I guess brought them back for awhile. It is a high quality and highly reliable gun.

3. savagemic

savagemic New Member

I think what interests me the most about it is it would complete my S&W collection of guns. So I guess I should probably grab it.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The 1020 is a part of the new line of gas operated shotguns offered by S&W. I have never handled or shot one, but they seem to be getting good reviews. It is not the same as the model 1000 from the 70's and 80's

5. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Any idea who is making them? They sure look the same on the outside as the old model 1000--I think maybe Miroku made those older ones, and they were very nice...