Smith and Wesson M&P15 vs Bushmaster carbine AR15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Cha, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Cha

Cha New Member

Hello every one !! Let me start by saying that this forum has help me out a lot on my firearm decisions so please help me out on my first AR-15. I am not looking to built a AR but I am trying to decide between a Bushmaster carbine or a Smith and Wesson M&P15. Both are currently on sale where i live. Yes am strickly on a budget! So lets get down to it.

I want a AR15 for deer hunting, home defence, and as silly as this sound, I want it to be combat efficient for the big zombie apocalypse :D.

So both of these rifle are going at 700 where I live. The Bushmaster comes with a Bushneil red dot and two 30rds mag and a Hard case. I have herd nothing but good things about the bushmaster, All though its is super light, it still troubles me that the frame is polymer.
    The M&P15 comes with a 10rnd mag and has on stock iron sites. Even though the busmaster seemd like a better deal, I just love the metal frame on the M&P. PLEASR HELP ME!!! I really don't know which one to get but My heart is leaning to the M&P15

2. Cha

Cha New Member

I'm Sorry Folks!!! I mean Carbon Not Carbine !!!!!!

3. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Crappy EVO double post

4. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

To keep it short an sweet, the bushmasters are decent but the smith is higher quality. Id take an M&P any day.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

So you're buying not building? Go for the m&p.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yup the Carbon 15 has had some separation issues with the upper receiver , not all of them but different instances where the top rail has come unbonded and separated , any chance you get the opportunity to buy a alum receiver AR over a poly or Carbon take advantage and buy the better made forged aluminum material

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd take the S&W Sport any day over the Carbon 15. Even though I'm sold on Glock I don't trust polymer AR receivers.

Actually I'd look at PSA for a much better rifle and I bet they have some Black Friday sales coming up!

8. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Smith and Wesson, Bushmaster is great, but they're not Smith and Wesson

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah Bushmaster is a lot of things but they sure aren't Smith&Wesson! :D :D

10. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Isn't the m&p 15 a. 22 Cal? Btw check out budsgunshop.com they have great deals and I saw mp15 for less than 600

11. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

The MP15-22 is a .22, but the they are usually .223 and some in .308 and .300 Blackout.

12. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

M&P 15....period..

13. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Bushmaster has a long history of quality AR's, but I too would stay clear of the carbon as a first gun.
    I like my pre-ban bush, and would love another one. but if it's carbon ... not so much.

And genuine Bushmaster has lot's of options....
    Check em out at http://www.bushmaster.com/index.asp

14. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The only problem now...
    Freedom Group= The END of quality.

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Personally.

I'd love to have that S&W barrel.

The cartoon snake on the Bushy kills it for me.

S&W customer service tips the scale.

S&W all the way.

16. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

That's how I decide on my firearms also.
    Damn horsey on the colt's Kinda Girly huh?

17. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

18. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

When freedom group buys an Arms company they force production to ramp up. Look at Remington ammo in the last few years. Each year they have upped production of center fire, rim fire, and shot shell ammo. They can't keep up with and quality slips.

Not to mention the 770 and the problems with the new 870's.