Smith and Wesson 1012 super

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by trykon80, Aug 19, 2009.

1. trykon80

trykon80 Guest

Anyone here have any actual experience with a S&M1012super? No reviews on these guns online. Gun shop owner I trust says that for the money that you can't beat it. Recently the guns were discontinued only after only year and half of manufacturing in Turkey. Have seen a number of negative opinions on these, but no one seems to have actual experience.

2. To be honest, I've never heard of it. If you already have one, great. If you're looking to buy one, I'd say get something a little more common in case you need parts or help with a problem. Theres my 2 cents. Dont spend in all in one place. ;)

S.S.

3. ericjh3

ericjh3 New Member

complete piece of junk dont buy

I had problems with it from the very beginning the gun would lock up and the carrier would get stuck on the bolt release button. I didnt fire but 50 rounds through it, before the entire bolt assembly expanded and the spring wouldnt engage anymore. I sent it in to smith and wesson who held the gun for 2 months and it wasnt until I wrote several emails and called several times before I got any answers. They wouldnt fix the gun and gave me a full refund instead. They are basically doing a silent recall of all these junky shot guns from Turkey. I will never buy another smith and wesson fire arm. The customer service was terrible and they left me hanging for 2 months and I had to bug them to get any sort of answer.