Smith an Wesson tomahawk and or SOG Voodoo?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Chief-Long-Iron, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Chief-Long-Iron

Chief-Long-Iron New Member

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the smith an Wesson extraction and evasion tomahawk or the SOG Voodoo tomahawk? I've been looking at both and before I buy I'm curious about your guys's thought!

2. Chief-Long-Iron

Also saw benchmades tomahawk, WAY over prices but looks and feels good??

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Is it me or do most of these look like "gimmick" items? I Almost bought one for myself recently, but found myself saying (to self-not out loud) "what can this do that My Machete or Camp Axe can't do(besides throwing, which you have to be good at to be effective, so i'll stick with other edged items...)I knew a few guys who carried Bowies and such(and one crazy Azzed Wakish-doodle who carried a Fencing Foil strapped to his ruck!)

4. Chief-Long-Iron

A fencing foil? Well...that is a new one lol and yes an no I'm my opinion, they are meant as weapon and little more, and the price tags on most of them far out weigh their usefulness in anything save for combat, a few like the benchmade could be useful in a pinch but for the most part your right, I'm just a tomahawk fan is all :D

5. DrFootball

Hey not that I don't follow the concept, but I don't feel I can Throw it well enough to be effective. For fun tho,...Maybe..I just Like Various alternative Weapon systems. I like All sorts of Edged Items(drives the wife NUTZ that I have to buy at least one Knife or Multi-Tool per month,...)

6. Chief-Long-Iron

Haha I'm there with you, if it has and edge on it I like it, I love edged weapons and or tools(pocket knives) i am a knife NUT

7. DrFootball

I have over 25 assdt. and several Multi's. I'd Dish Pics, even tho I make it a point NOT to Brag much on here, regardless of the "pics or it didn't Happen" Crowd, because of who snoops around these days, But i'm trying to prepare for our Podcast here tonight(two this week because of X-mas & Me being not "well") and One of my Football Show Spots tomorrow. Shoot me your e-mail one of these days...Not that I have anything special, but I have a few Hand-mades I bought That I'm proud of, two made by Native Americans among them.. but here is one: This is about 60% of my edged collection...
    SOG Sealpup, Winchester Branded Buck Bowie, Gerber Lockback, Buck 110(or112?) S&W HRT, Night Raider Gerber Copies(2), Tactical Pen & Matching Mini-Maglight...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013